Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   daddies board shop - sale this year? (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/19060-daddies-board-shop-sale-year.html)

lambo4 10-29-2009 12:35 PM

daddies board shop - sale this year?

I'm looking to get a '10 never summer board. I heard daddies board shop had a big sale last year to celebrate their 13th anniversary. I called them up and asked if it was happening this year and they said there are no upcoming sales :thumbsdown: . So, do they usually keep big sales under wraps, or should i not expect to catch any deals on never summer this year?

arsenic0 10-29-2009 02:24 PM

As far as i know they always have a sale during the Portland Ski Expo which is coming up on Nov 6th, 7th, 8th..you may want to call to see if they are having one this year. They do it to spite the show because in all honesty its a pretty lame expo with companies just selling their stuff at MSRP, and renting space there for smaller shops like them isnt feasible because of how much it costs.

It *MAY* only be a sale locally though for stuff bought in the store here in Portland, and not offered online though.

deepakhj 11-04-2009 04:40 PM

They had a 10% coupon plus 20% already discounted on the Never Summer boards last year. It was the beginning of the season too! :)

lambo4 11-06-2009 04:31 PM

I'm on the verge of just ordering the board for full price, but i just have to remind myself i'm in no rush - the mountain doesn't open for another couple weeks and there seem to be plenty of these boards in stock.

Anyway, I came across daddies board shop's facebook page and saw that someone had commented on their wall asking about any sales coming up:

Q: Are you guys having any other discount codes or anything of the like coming out soon?

A: I actually just finished meeting with Melanie and winter sale is going to be on snowboarding gear and not until our anniversary.

Their anniversary is Nov 10th. So I'm going to wait and see if this pans out. If nothing comes up, I'm pulling the trigger at the end of next week fo sure.

DBLdangerTILT 11-06-2009 07:58 PM

Currently they're doing a 10% in store discount on 2010 snow gear. They'll probably release a coupon code shortly. However, I don't think it'll be 20% like last year. They usually have an anniversary sale every year the first weekend in November to coincide with the silly Ski Fever show.

lambo4 11-07-2009 04:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DBLdangerTILT (Post 201463)
Currently they're doing a 10% in store discount on 2010 snow gear. They'll probably release a coupon code shortly. However, I don't think it'll be 20% like last year. They usually have an anniversary sale every year the first weekend in November to coincide with the silly Ski Fever show.

i just called up and asked about the sale - the guy didnt know what i was talking about. maybe they're really keeping it lowkey in-store sale only or something.

Triple8Sol 11-07-2009 04:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Snowolf (Post 198111)
It is pretty unusual for new items like this to go on sale at the beginning of the season. It can happen, but I sure would`nt expect anything.

He's right. Current season gear is usually excluded from any pre/early season sales. You'll have to wait several months until you start seeing any deals.

DBLdangerTILT 11-07-2009 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lambo4 (Post 201694)
i just called up and asked about the sale - the guy didnt know what i was talking about. maybe they're really keeping it lowkey in-store sale only or something.

Like I said, "...in store discount". I just bought a board there yesterday and saved $50 with my 10% discount.

Karpediem 11-07-2009 07:21 PM

Go to Bing.com Click on shopping. Search Never Summer SL or whatever kind. Click on the the BING CASHBACK button...last time I check the best deal was from backcountry/dogfunk for 12% off....= $60 back. That's the best deal I could find.

lambo4 11-10-2009 06:44 PM

BAM! Daddies 10% sale started today!! coupon code 14YEARSDBS.

I just order the 2010 never summer sl-r in the 158 for $449.

can't wait.