Burton Custom FV twin replacement - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-25-2015, 06:53 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Burton Custom FV twin replacement

Hi all,

At the moment I have a Burton Custom FV twin 151 which I find a bit too small. My weight is 150lbs so I should have buy a 154. Although it is really great for playing around but it is holding back (nervous) when would like to go mach3 ...

No I am in for a new board. But before I am looking at a new board I have to make clear what I would like to do on my snowboard:

- 70% groomers
- 25% Backcountry
- 5% park

On the groomers I play, doing some groundtricks (riding switch, nollie tailpresses 180 out etc, , making jumps 180s 360s and going down with high speed :-)

I have done some research but I have always had a Burton so all other brands are new for me.

I am not sure if I have to look at a freestyle board or an all mountain board but these board have drawn my attention:

- Capita Defenders of Awesome 154
- Bateleon Boss 154
- Libtech Skatebanana / attack banana / banana magic

Do you guys have any suggestion which board suited me the best?

Rick

Last edited by sjokoslick; 11-25-2015 at 03:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 03:32 AM Thread Starter

Hi Guys,

In the meantime i have done some more research. The Capita DOA will maybe to stiff for my meanings (pressing?).

So i am in for the following 4 options now:

- Rome mod rocker
Seems very pressable, but holds also a good edge and can handle high speed and pow.

- Bateleon Boss
Seems also pressable, but holds also a good edge and can handle high speed and pow.

- Libtech trs
Seems a good allround board. Also pressable and can handle speed and pow. The looks are cool too. But my concern is the TNT base which is an extruded base i think and will be less durable and will be slower?

- Ride Machette GT
Has a positive camber, so maybe just as the Capita DOA it will be harder to press?

Can you please advice what board suits me the best?

Rick
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 05:30 AM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 85 Post(s)
The DOA Looks rad - you can press any board if you're good enough its not that stiff and it'll be much more fun going fast than your FV. Fuck Lib. I demoed the Machete GT a couple of years ago and I liked it - rides similar to how I imagine the DOA rides.
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 06:27 AM Thread Starter

I heard the capita doa is pretty stiff and does not like pow. But maybe i am mistaken, but the review of angry says also it is an powerfull board. http://www.angrysnowboarder.com/2016...wboard-review/

I am leaning to 154cm with 150lbs. Is this a correct conclusion. Or should i take a 152?

And what about the rome mod rocker? It is not widely available and it is pretty expensive. But is he worth it?

I am also still on a bateleon evil twin/ boss...

Must make up my mind :-)

Last edited by sjokoslick; 11-27-2015 at 09:59 AM.
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 12:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
You did state 70% groomers? A CRC board like the mod rocker will float a bit better and be easier to press but will be a bit less stable and responsive going fast and carving. All purpose boards are always going to involve compromise - you've just got to decide which areas you want to emphasise and in which areas you're prepared to accept a little less performance. A softer CRC board makes the perfect daily driver for me as I like to mess around not going too fast - but I've got a more serious board for more serious riding if the conditions are right.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 04:07 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Replace the TRS in your list with a Niche Aether, then get that. The tips break in super nice and get playful buttery, but the middle section stays a bit meatier and I find it super stable and carveable. It's become my go to board for just about everything.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 09:34 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
I haven't rode mine yet, but check out the Never Summer Funslinger.

Based on the kind of riding you want to do, this board might suit your needs.

Funslinger
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 10:04 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Isnt the Funslinger softer than the Evo? For someone who barely rides park, I dont know.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nivek View Post
Isnt the Funslinger softer than the Evo? For someone who barely rides park, I dont know.
yes, correct. But not by too much.

but from the reviews and people that have ridden it on here, they say it can really handle anything due to the extended camber zones and Ripsaw profile.

i myself have not had the chance to ride it yet, so I can't comment.

The other option would be the Never Summer Type 2, which is stiffer than the Funslinger, but softer than the Ripsaw.

However, there isn't much info on that board as it is brand new in the line and it's not even on Never Summer's site yet.
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 10:25 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Coming from an FV profile I think you'll find any camber dominant profile relatively tougher to press.

Mod rocker is definitely an awesome board and fits what your looking for, but if you liked FV then you might want to check out the agent rocker. Felt really solid on edge but almost effortless to press due to the profile. Romes quickrip sidecut is great and their boards have solid pop.

DOA is a pretty medium flex in my opinion, not overly difficult to press, but again takes a bit more effort/technique than a CRC board of the same flex. Machete GT is a bit stiffer yet, awesome board, but presses took some work.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode