Capita Qween 2009 or Forum Star 2009 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2009, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Capita Qween 2009 or Forum Star 2009

Hi..i'm looking to buy my first snowboard. I've been looking at these two boards (145 Capita Qween 2009 or 146/7 Forum Star 2009)and don't know which one is better for me. I'm still in the beginner level..is starting to link turns and can do it pretty smoothly in the easiest runs (green runs in Australia snow condition). 5'4-5'5 inch and 123lbs. Not sure yet whether wanna go toward freestyle or freeride. Anyone has any experience with these boards?
elmo_yuhuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-29-2009, 10:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I don't have experience with either board, but it seems like the Forum would be a lot more forgiving for a beginner. How did you go about narrowing down to these two boards?
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:30 AM   #3 (permalink)

Thanks for replying!

Well.. I've been checking sierrasnowboard website as at this point of time they might offer the cheapest price for snowboard+shippin to australia. So i look for the price up to $200 and these two boards came up as perhaps the better ones among the others (and the ones the have my size and can actually be shipped outside the US). From the review it looks like this capita is also used among the beginners but from other websites it also says use for freestyle but is a directional board. but see i'm not sure about the flex and all other things about these two boards. I know the forum star flex is 4..dunno about the capita one.
Old 10-30-2009, 08:57 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the capita is a girls version of a stairmaster so its fairly soft, somewhere inbetween a park and all mt flex.
Burton [ak] 2l Cyclic Jacket
Holden Northfield 3L pants
jmacphee9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 03:19 PM   #5 (permalink)

My girlfriend bought the qween from sierra. She hasn't ridden it yet but it seems like a really nice board. Well constructed and very light. If you can hold out till Nov 14 I can let you know what she thinks.
GoggleTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 05:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Oh cool! I actually might be able to hold it till then...hope that it's not sold out yet Is your gf beginner rider or intermediate or advance? Could you please let me know first what's the flex of this qween (the exact number)?
Old 10-31-2009, 07:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_yuhuu View Post
Oh cool! I actually might be able to hold it till then...hope that it's not sold out yet Is your gf beginner rider or intermediate or advance? Could you please let me know first what's the flex of this qween (the exact number)?
the numbers are a waste of time, they are based of different scales for every company and i dont believe capita even puts it on a scale..

i would rate a stairmaster a 4, so its prob around there based of a girls :"scale"
Old 10-31-2009, 10:04 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by elmo_yuhuu View Post
She is an intermediate rider I would say. Our hill opens Nov 14 so she will get a couple of days on it then. Its seems pretty flexible but Im 6'5 215 so i bet most girls boards feel flexy to me.
GoggleTan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2009, 12:11 AM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmacphee9 View Post
the numbers are a waste of time, they are based of different scales for every company and i dont believe capita even puts it on a scale..

i would rate a stairmaster a 4, so its prob around there based of a girls :"scale"
Yeh you are right. Capita doesn't put the number whatsoever...they only say..either forgiving flex or varied flex. If you think it's around 4..then it's prolly around the same like forum star then i have to have a look at other things to decide
Old 11-01-2009, 03:00 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

4 isnt bad at all for a beginner, it makes it easier to learn and whatnot...and it can easily handle all mt...if your big time into free ride and carving then you may want to look elsewhere.