Ive Been Wearing the Wrong boots........ - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 07:41 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ive Been Wearing the Wrong boots........

so yesterday i stopped by the local shop just to check out boots. ive always just skimp'd out on boots, (usually using some cheap burtons), but that wasnt the problem. i have been wearing a size 10.5 for the past 5 years and yesterday i realized i was really a size 9!!!! i got myself a set of 09 Thirty two lashed boots (white/black) for a great deal. Holy Sh*tt, these boots are light as hell couldnt be happier with my purchase. i readjusted my bindings and i everything seems to fit right now, its like a night and day difference. im totally pumped to ride now. woohoo!!
nokfir2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 07:46 AM   #2 (permalink)

dude, they are awsome and super light! i was wearing them around the house last night just to break them in. lol
Old 10-30-2009, 07:50 AM   #3 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by nokfir2 View Post
ive always just skimp'd out on boots
This is me reaching through the interwebz and smacking some sense into you.

Your toes should barely touch the tip of the liner when you're standing, that's a big sign the boots are the right size for you. A LOT of boot problems happen because people are wearing a bigger size than they need.

Good for you on supporting your local shop, that's just as important as getting the right boot.

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 11:39 AM   #4 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

Quote:
so yesterday i stopped by the local shop just to check out boots. ive always just skimp'd out on boots, (usually using some cheap burtons), but that wasnt the problem. i have been wearing a size 10.5 for the past 5 years and yesterday i realized i was really a size 9!!!! i got myself a set of 09 Thirty two lashed boots (white/black) for a great deal. Holy Sh*tt, these boots are light as hell couldnt be happier with my purchase. i readjusted my bindings and i everything seems to fit right now, its like a night and day difference. im totally pumped to ride now. woohoo!!
I was in the same position as you were. Was riding with a size 10 DC since 06 and decided to go try some boots on at the local dealer. I ended up leaving with a size 8.5 32 Lashed.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:12 PM   #5 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
This is me reaching through the interwebz and smacking some sense into you.

Your toes should barely touch the tip of the liner when you're standing, that's a big sign the boots are the right size for you. A LOT of boot problems happen because people are wearing a bigger size than they need.

Good for you on supporting your local shop, that's just as important as getting the right boot.
yup my toes are at the tip, when i lean forward they slide back a tiny bit makin them comfy. i may have worn them around the house yesterday for about an hour lol, also may have layed in bed and watched some tv in themlol. tryin to get them nice and molded o my foot. haha
Old 10-30-2009, 02:32 PM   #6 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
yup my toes are at the tip, when i lean forward they slide back a tiny bit makin them comfy. i may have worn them around the house yesterday for about an hour lol, also may have layed in bed and watched some tv in themlol. tryin to get them nice and molded o my foot. haha
Great news. Comfy boots change the whole experience.

Old 10-30-2009, 02:39 PM   #7 (permalink)

I think my boots are too big also. It sucks.

When your boots where too big did it ever feel like the arch of your good is [KILLING!] you?

Thats the problem i have and i recently ordered custom orthotics and im really hoping the problem wasnt just the boots too big but im prolly gonna need knew boots now too which brings my pace tag up too about 600 dollars i hope its not a waste
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 05:36 PM   #8 (permalink)

yeah i love my 32 lashed, i could prolly wear a size lower but they are way comfyy, i wear them around because they feel so good! im sure you will love riding in them

and im sure the custom foot beds arent going to be a waste ifresh, and they should help with whatever boot you wear

Last edited by jibbherr; 10-30-2009 at 05:38 PM.
jibbherr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 08:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Custom footbeds are never a waste of money. I have a set specifically for boarding. Best use of boarding money without a doubt.

Get a shit-stick board or spend $1500 on a Burton vapor - it makes no difference if your foot's killing you and you can't board for very long at a time.

The footbeds will last a typical rider upwards of 5-10 seasons.

Old 10-30-2009, 08:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Snowboarding101

All this talk about having boots too big is a dream to me. I wear a size 14 boot, and most companies dont make higher end boots in a 14. And yes the toe drag sucks.