Folsoms 2010 arrived - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2009, 11:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
recoded

Default Folsoms 2010 arrived

I went to a local shop and got fitted for boots. They were ROME boots. My toes touch the padding in the front. So I ordered online. Same, they touch the front cushin inside the boots. Is this too snug. They feel amazing and comfortable, but I didnt hit the slopes with them yet and wonder if I should have room to play with in the front of the boot. The cushin is pretty thick and its like my toes are hugged by it. Doesnt seem like a problem wearing them without a board attached. Just worried about a full day of riding and if that will be a problem. My last boots were too big hence the question I ask now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2009, 11:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

The liner will mold around your foot and you will be ok. As long as they are just touching and not curling youll be good
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
recoded

Sounds perfect thanks!
Old 10-30-2009, 12:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

Plus over time your boots will start to "pack out" or loosen up giving you a little extra room.
GC24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
recoded

Thanks for the replies. Really love the boots. Very comfortable, worth every penny I think.
Old 10-30-2009, 12:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

have you laced them up proper and tight and strapped in yet? the boots and your bindings have a bit of forward lean on them, plus your ankle strap will help lock your heel down... all this will likely pull your toes back a bit when you're actually riding so they aren't touching the inner front anymore. if it's still touching, i would size up. i had boots that did touch the tip of my toes after lacing up and strapping in and over the course of a day, it got very annoying. now, i make sure there's no touching when i'm dialed in.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 12:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
recoded

Its the inner liner that comes out that very snug. I dont know if its touching the front of the boot but it is touching the inside liner. I laced them up but didnt put my bindings on since I dont have my board. Went in for a wax. It doesnt seem like it will be a problem if my foot gets molded in like the people above have said.

What would get annoying about it touching? As long as my feet or toes dont kill I am ok with it touching.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:04 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Trust me it WILL pack out and then will be a PERFECT fit. This is coming from personal experience here.
stoepstyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2009, 01:08 PM   #9 (permalink)
recoded

With a comment like that makes it seems like you are lying!!!!! LOL JK. We will see.
Old 10-30-2009, 01:33 PM   #10 (permalink)

yeah, we're talking about the same thing, toes touching the inside liner. i found that the tip of my second toe would rub the liner and my foot moved forward a tiny bit over the course of a day of hard riding and that tiny bit of pressure and rubbing caused discomfort. i guess it depends on how hard you ride and how tight you lace up and strap in and how much room you have side to side in the toe box. i eventually sized up a half size and my toes are way happier and i don't sweat that my toes might get uncomfortable at the end of the day anymore. not sure if boots pack out in length, i've never personally experienced that. but another poster here has experience with romes so go with it i guess.
hanzosteel is offline   Reply With Quote