Low profile boot choices - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-31-2009, 12:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default Low profile boot choices

I am currently rocking some Salomon F20's that I love. I think it may be time for a new pair and I am wondering what other boots offer the low profile that allow my size 11.5/12 to get a little smaller foot print. I know Burton has some ( I like the Ion) and I think the Ride RFL is low profile as well. Are there any low profile with Boa?
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-31-2009, 01:18 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Well, I was actually going to suggest something in the Salomon F series, so I can't provide much help.
linvillegorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 02:08 AM   #3 (permalink)

I tried on some boots recently and the F20 and F22 were amoung them. I really liked both, and recommend them. If you want something similar Bonfire Blaze or any Bonfire are really nice and made by Salomon, but a little cheaper. Very comfortable, a little soft (at least the Blaze was). I also really liked the Burton Grail. I'm not a big Burton fan, but they were definitly the most comfortable boot I've tried on. They are even comfortable to walk in with the top flexing independently from the bottom (what they call Articulating Cuff). I don't like BOA boots, so didn't try any on. But the Grail and Hail boots slipped on with ease because of the cuff and laced up very fast. I went with the Burton Grail dispite it's heavy price tag.

I really liked the Bonfire too, and recommend them to those that ride and enough Salomons, but I think the footprint was a bit bigger than ThirtyTwo or the Burton's I tried. All Burton's has trimmed down this year and Ride's are trimmer foot print as well, although I've never tried them on. What I find is for wide feet go ThirtyTwo, for long feet go Salomon or Bonfire and average feet Burton, Ride, whatever you fit best.

I always suggest trying on at least 8 pairs of boots, starting with the high end ones to gadge your opinion on. I bought the first pair I tried on (that day), but proceeded to try on about 5 more in the one shop. Having tried a few before that I knew I'd probably land back at the rather expensive Grail's (with some Superfeet footbeds). But you gotta listen to your feet. So, try some on and bring your measuring tape if you're concerned out length. But most boots this year and last have really cut out the bulk.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote