Ride Delta vs Ride Contraband - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Ride Delta vs Ride Contraband

Even if you've only felt the two, what do you think? Any major differences(sides toe strap or the lack thereof)
Thanks!
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 04:52 PM   #2 (permalink)

I have the Delta MVMNT DFC editions and friend has the contrabands. I tried his board out for two runs in the park and here are my thoughts. Basically felt like the same binding highback and base construction wise but, as you mentioned, the toe (or lack of) strap felt weird to me. i like to clamp my fet down pretty good when strapping in, guess its just a mental thing, and when i rode the contrabands it felt like i had a toe strap but it was very loose. I loved the quick strapping in and un strapping but to me that would not be enough of a plus to balance out the lack of toe strap. He said that he got used to the feeling of the toe wiggle and that i might just be feeling it a little more because of the different sized boots (i wear a 9 vans he wears a 9 burton). Basically my conclusion is if you are going to be riding 80%+ park go for the contrabands but if not then go for the deltas
mtmgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 04:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Yea it's pretty hard to make an accurate judgement on the contrabands without adjusting them to your boot properly. You really do have to adjust those bindings to fit the boot properly because of the one strap design, sort of makes letting your friends use your board a bad choice.
Method is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:48 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtmgiants View Post
I have the Delta MVMNT DFC editions and friend has the contrabands. I tried his board out for two runs in the park and here are my thoughts. Basically felt like the same binding highback and base construction wise but, as you mentioned, the toe (or lack of) strap felt weird to me. i like to clamp my fet down pretty good when strapping in, guess its just a mental thing, and when i rode the contrabands it felt like i had a toe strap but it was very loose. I loved the quick strapping in and un strapping but to me that would not be enough of a plus to balance out the lack of toe strap. He said that he got used to the feeling of the toe wiggle and that i might just be feeling it a little more because of the different sized boots (i wear a 9 vans he wears a 9 burton). Basically my conclusion is if you are going to be riding 80%+ park go for the contrabands but if not then go for the deltas
Unbelievably helpful and perfect. Seriously. Thank you very much.

I think I'll go for contraband. It seems like everyone who rides it likes it overall

Thanks again
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)

glad to be of assistance man, send me a pm or something when you try out the contrabands and tell me how you like them
mtmgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 11:52 PM   #6 (permalink)
neddyDH

something to keep in mind with reviews of the contrabands - i'm rocking the contraband nitranes and they must be set up correctly for you not to get the toe wiggle mentioned above - they'res 3 adjustments to get that toe strap seated correctly - take the time and do it right - and another heads up - you must set these up to work with one pair of boots only - if you rock say a soft boot in the park but a stiffer boot for all mountain, you really need to set these up for one or the other otherwise you won't be getting the correct fitment for one of them

*edit* woops....i think i just echoed method's sentiments....my bad