Urgent advice: Good Beginner/Interm. Board? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-02-2009, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
TohaG

Exclamation Urgent advice: Good Beginner/Interm. Board?

Hey guys, some of you may recognize me from before. I'm new to the sport, never boarded in my life, but looking to seriously progress.

I've currently got a 2008 Burton Primo. I have a buyer for it for $190.

My options:

1. Keep it. Learn on it. Go nuts. Replace next season. It's a twin, so keeps my riding options open.

2. Sell it. Add a bit of money if necessary. Buy a better board that I can keep for 2, maybe 3 seasons. If this is the option, which boards are good for someone at my 0 level?

Thanks a ton!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-02-2009, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Sell it for that kind of money.... That board new from last season is going for $200 brand new
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 06:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
TohaG

Mine's brand new too. I got some kind of a deal, so technically I'll be selling for the same money as I got it. Question is should I? Cause it IS a beginner board after all. Just wondering if I should get a better one, cuz I hear this one is not that good.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:01 PM   #4 (permalink)

holy shit, you had like 10 people tell you the same thing in the EXACT SAME THREAD you made a few weeks ago.
learn on the primo!!!??? then get a new board when you're better.

obviously you don't wanto hear what people have to say so i'll make it real easy for you.
sell the primo then buy a Capita Stairmaster. The stairmaster should help you progress fairly quick and still last you a few years of hard use. there, DONE.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 07:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
TohaG

Before I didn't have the selling option. Now I do. I'm actually inclined to keep it. Just want to see if people can recommend something I'll fall in love with, then I'll go from there. If I couldn't sell it, I would've kept it. Calm down.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:07 PM   #6 (permalink)

lol tohas back. This is gonna be fun

Dude idk what idiot is gonna buy it from you for 190 but that's a pretty dam good return on a 08. And it's a primo too.

First of all I do want to give you props for not coming bak to untill you have a buyer.

But your question is the same as before almost.

The primo is >probably< gonna be good to learn with. Cheap soft snowboards are known to make learning easier.
If you spend more and get an average intermediate, learning will take more time, but you will be able to keep it for a long time unless your riding style changes.

Personally if I was in your position I would keep it, learn, figure out what type of ridding I like to do and what features I want, and buy something new next year or the year after.
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 09:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
TohaG

Told you I'd be able to sell it for a decent price. :P

Sounds fair. I put it up for sale but then gradually I felt more like keeping it. It is a normal beginner board - there's a reason it came with learn-to-ride deal. I probably should've never bothered. Got over excited, ended up pissing some people off. Sorry about that.

Anyway, put my stance at +15 -3 for now, I can't wait to ride on my ass all day! Wish me luck!

Have a great season everyone.