zero camber boards ? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 12:21 AM   #1 (permalink)

Question zero camber boards ?

i was wondering if anybody could list me the zero camber boards i really would like to find one around 260 width wise, the fix looks awesome but i think its too small width wise. also any board that are flat between you feet but move up towards the nose and tail i guess 3 stage rocker types. Im coming from the burton bullet and would like to find a park specific board wide enough for me but still stable enough to handle run and to add one more thing...i would like a 09 board lol

looked at the park rocker by signal, it tooks good but ive heard bad things about it? agree? disagree?
CalvaryCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-03-2009, 09:40 AM   #2 (permalink)

Wow how lazy can someone get. You can't do research for yourself to find a snowboard? Or at least narrow it down. Noones gonna make you a list :cough:maybeifyoupayme:cough:
please would help to...

why are you even looking at the pr what happened to 260ww?
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ifresh21 View Post
Wow how lazy can someone get. You can't do research for yourself to find a snowboard? Or at least narrow it down. Noones gonna make you a list :cough:maybeifyoupayme:cough:
please would help to...

why are you even looking at the pr what happened to 260ww?
calm down dude lol ive done plenty of research...but that type of rocker goes by differnt names...lowrise, v rocker, anti camber, zero camber
just be chill man
CalvaryCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 12:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Hey Cougar,

It is smart that you are out here asking for opinions. There is a flood of new board types out there in the last 2 years and it is hard to get a solid idea of what is working and what was rushed to market. When Mervin re-initated Rocker a few years ago, and it caught on, everyone had to introduce their own "new thing" ready or not. Business is funny like that.

Do you remember when a flat board meant it was time to pull of the bindings and nail it to your wall? Well, what has changed? Manufacturers will telll you that these boards feel stable and "broken in", but do some web searches, real users are widely reporting that they just feel broken down.

There is something you should be aware of with all kinked rocker, partial rocker and half and half rocker boards (there are actually to many variations to list here). These are all designed with various stages (you can call them kinks) to the structure of the board. The idea is that these will better line up with the rider's binding mount positions and when weighted will better form the end curve (or arc) of the board.

BUT, there are a lot of things that keep that from happening. First off, all riders have there own weight, stance width, angles an even style, and all of these thing can fight where these pre-determined kinks or bends have been placed on the board. That is why the industry is seeing such a huge turnover of the original kinked and rockered boards. They all have "grab spots" that tend to act in odd an unexpected ways for different riders with different mounts and styles. Now if you add "wavy" edges to that...

If you are expecting a smooth ride, these are not for you.

As with all designs, there are some very good things about these boards, but they are VERY specific, and should not be sold as all mountain boards.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Only ones I know off the top of my head are fix and i think k2 Slayblade
ChubbyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 03:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
Veteran Member

K2 Slayblade and Believer and Burton party rockers.
tekniq33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:49 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvaryCougar View Post
calm down dude lol ive done plenty of research...but that type of rocker goes by differnt names...lowrise, v rocker, anti camber, zero camber
just be chill man
actually, the first 2 that you just listed are in fact rocker when you said that you're looking for zero camber. Figure out what you want and the go looking for it. All you have to do is look at the company's website and it will tell you what shape it is
Old 11-03-2009, 05:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

rome artifact 1985, CAPiTA horrorscope, ultrafear....there ya go lazy ass
eastCOASTkills is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)

Capita horrorscope and ultrafear arent zero camber boards. Its flat between the bindings but then kicks up right after the bindings, hence their "Flat Kick". Subtle rocker, but rocker none the less
ChubbyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:59 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChubbyGuy View Post
Capita horrorscope and ultrafear arent zero camber boards. Its flat between the bindings but then kicks up right after the bindings, hence their "Flat Kick". Subtle rocker, but rocker none the less

Yeah i know but he asked about boards that are flat between the bindings then raise up towards the nose and tail
eastCOASTkills is offline   Reply With Quote