Need some help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-03-2009, 10:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
RedNek

Default Need some help

Hey guys well this is my first post here, Im 19 and have been snowboarding for about 12 years, I have had multiple boards and love riding powder and back country $hit.

So here is the problem last year i destroyed my knee and couldnt ride due to surgery and now im back wanting a new board and new bindings, I have had my old setup for about 4 years and just its time to get a new one.

I never ride in the park, never, I ride mostly on the east cost, now a days (money is limiting me to go west alot now) so I want a board that lets me rip down a mountain and has good control while doing this. I do condier my self a really good snowboarder and please keep that in mind im not a beginner at all i have previously taught classes. I havnt really been a big fan of burton boards but I need something that fits my needs the best so if a burton does feel free to tell me. I have been looking at the Ride Yukon and ride alphas as my new set-up. I only have about 600-700 to spend and this will hopefully last me another 3-4 years. Yorur help is greatly appreciated so any input good or bad is fine.

Sorry for the long post but i need some input

Thanks
CODY

Last edited by RedNek; 11-03-2009 at 10:48 PM. Reason: found a mistake
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 12:34 AM   #2 (permalink)

checkout the Capita Black Death Inc. with Union bindings(force mc/sl, data)
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 AM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Would look into the Never Summer Heritage and a pair of Ride NRc bindings considering your knee issues.

Never Summer has a 3 year warranty and the Ride bindings are pretty much designed for someone such as yourself imo. You can get 2009 NRc's for around $110 right now.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 08:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
RedNek

holy shit i just realized the prices on these boards, do ya'll know of anything that is a little cheaper and milo where did you see NRC's for 110 i couldnt find a place that had 2009's
Old 11-04-2009, 12:22 PM   #5 (permalink)

Capita Black Death Speed Tribe - Snowboards Reviews & Sale | SierraSnowboard.com

259 bucks shipped! 2 wide sizes. im assuming you're looking for a wide cuz you listed the ride yukon.

speaking of the yukon, i've never ridden one but i have owned a concept tms (skinny version of the yukon) and based on my experience it would be great for what you want to do

Last edited by return2heaven; 11-04-2009 at 01:33 PM.
return2heaven is offline   Reply With Quote