ride kink vs ride crush - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 01:16 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default ride kink vs ride crush

which one would be more stable all mountain and on 30ft-40ft booters?
CalvaryCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 01:26 AM   #2 (permalink)

Ruskiski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:09 AM   #3 (permalink)

Do some research or go to a shop and figure out which is stiffer this is very easy to figure out. You only need one factor - stiffness
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:38 AM   #4 (permalink)
MidwestDivision

The crush will be the better board for booters. Ride's Kink is more of a jib specific board. The kink has traditional camber while the crush utilizes Ride's lowrize rocker.

Last edited by MidwestDivision; 11-04-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:58 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidwestDivision View Post
The crush will be the better board for booters. Ride's Kink is more of a jib specific board. The kink has traditional camber while the crush utilizes Ride's lowrize rocker.
the crush is a kink with rocker. They are both jib boards. Since the crush has rocker, i would bet that it is more likely to wash out on jumps compared to the kink, although i wouldn't take either off of anything close to 30ft.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 11:57 AM   #6 (permalink)

OP, what brought you to the three boards you've asked about? (Kink, Crush, Dom) Where are you going to be spending the majority of your time on the mountain? Do you want to just make sure you are able to hit big kickers if you feel like it but spend the majority of your time in the park? Help us help you, dude

I'll say that I can hit a medium kicker with my Kink no problem, but last year I probably spent 90% of my time in the park and the other 10% was spend just messing around with my friends who are more casual riders.
Old 11-04-2009, 12:18 PM   #7 (permalink)

Default thank you

Quote:
Originally Posted by sook View Post
OP, what brought you to the three boards you've asked about? (Kink, Crush, Dom) Where are you going to be spending the majority of your time on the mountain? Do you want to just make sure you are able to hit big kickers if you feel like it but spend the majority of your time in the park? Help us help you, dude

I'll say that I can hit a medium kicker with my Kink no problem, but last year I probably spent 90% of my time in the park and the other 10% was spend just messing around with my friends who are more casual riders.
some people here act like im a moron lol.
i ask the question on here so i dont have to drive 30 mins to the board shop to test out the flex of the crush vs the kink
ive done a ton of research on boards this year
and what i want is a board soft enough and easy enough to butter/press, but still sturdy enough if i want to enter a big air competition for a 35 ft kicker like last year. i would also like to maybe get up to 45 ft this year. the parkstar looks the best for me but im not spending over 400 dollars on a board, and this whole rocker thing has got me all mixed up
CalvaryCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:39 PM   #8 (permalink)

if you want to hit jumps, ill sell you my 08 burton royale for around 300. Its great for jumps. But im more of a rail rider

Its in new condition. Let me know
ifresh21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 12:42 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvaryCougar View Post
i ask the question on here so i dont have to drive 30 mins to the board shop to test out the flex of the crush vs the kink
and what i want is a board soft enough and easy enough to butter/press, but still sturdy enough if i want to enter a big air competition for a 35 ft kicker like last year. i would also like to maybe get up to 45 ft this year. the parkstar looks the best for me but im not spending over 400 dollars on a board, and this whole rocker thing has got me all mixed up
I don't think you're a moron and I don't think that any of my questions were condescending in the least. We only know as much about you as you tell people in your posts so at first, it just seemed like you were asking which noodle will be better suited to hit 40 foot airs which isn't exactly a straightforward question to answer. It sounds like you want the best all-mountain deck under $400, but your questions are geared toward jib sticks. I'm not trying to be a dick but I'm obviously not helping you so good luck in your search.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalvaryCougar View Post
seriously man, why are you trying to start stuff with everyone? He's trying to help you. He's trying to get an idea of how you ride, where you ride, what you do on the mountain so that he can give you his recommendation based on that info. In the other thread, I let it slide after you said that the guy was arguing with you in another thread, but after I read this flip-out by you, I realize that you're nothing but a lazy guy who isn't doing what he says he is and in fact doesn't actually want help because you won't answer questions from people who are legitimately trying to help you.

Here is the only help I'll give you, and it's straight from the Ride website that you said you "researched"
Crush Flex:5
Kink Flex: 4

Hey, no way, they even have a boardfinder built into the website that makes it easy to find what kind of board you want. I'll even give you the link so you don't get lost on the way around the Ride site. Ride Boardfinder!!!!