New Boards with Scratches - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 02:05 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default New Boards with Scratches

I don't mean to be anal or anything. But I just hate how people have no respect for the boards in the shop and leave scratch marks on the boards. I bought a SL and there's scratches all over the place on the base( little gouge marks), and little dents here and there. It this ok for me to buy? Will the wax cover it up?
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 02:45 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hard to say without seeing pictures...

Are they actual scratches in the base itself? Or just in the wax? I can see people scratching it with their fingernails or something..but they would have to grind it onto something solid like the metal stand to actually damage the base...

In any case you can probably talk the store down on price if you want the board but feel its not in pristine condition.
arsenic0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 02:49 PM   #3 (permalink)

I agree the board should definately be in mint condition if expecting full price. It's a shame and it means that those of us who are careful get instructed to wait for assistance before looking at a board. Which isn't fun when the shop is busy.

http://www.bukisa.com/people/G2309
G2309 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 03:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I wouldn't worry about little knicks and stratches on a board, they are bound to happen. If its from a local shop I like, then i'll buy it, its bound to happen as people look at them and play around with them. Now if I'm purchasing online and its coming from a warehouse it better be still in its wrapping and in mint condition since it shouldn't be banged around.
redlude97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)

ya scratches from metal. you can feel the scratches. it like taking a knife and writing your initials in it. with like a millimeter depth
Old 11-04-2009, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
von

Depends hows mcuh your getting it for. If your paying full price it better fuckin be in pristine condition but if your getting it for a steep disc or disc then it depends how deep the scratches are.
Either way your base is going to get fuct up but Im not saying that it shouldnt be new when sold as new. I think the scratch will be more subtle after wax... maybe?
von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Does it look like bindings were mounted? Wonder if it was a demo board?
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Normally I would say do not worry about it. However, if there are 1 mm scratches in the base already that is a little odd. I would pass if they asked MSRP.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Yeah if they are like 0.3mm deep scratches on an extruded base, I could do that with my finger nail. Worse will happen just mounting your bindings and setting it against a wall. Like everyone stated, bound to happen. I just got a Signal Park Series right off the delivery truck from my local shop, still in plastic. When I took it out it had very minor scratches from shipping. It happens, best to know your shop assistant though.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 PM   #10 (permalink)

well there arent scratches everywhere. sorry if it seems that way. just on one spot of the board on particular. it just annoys me thats all. it looks harmless but sooo annoying !