Burton P1.1 for Park?? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 04:50 PM   #1 (permalink)
JustDoIt

Default Burton P1.1 for Park??

I'm looking at all different bindings, and i saw the Burton P1.1 and i liked it. Lots of people say its not really a good park binding.

If you know any other bindings that are better for park go ahead and refer them to me.

Are the P1.1's a good choice if im mostly gonna ride park?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-04-2009, 06:11 PM   #2 (permalink)

never tried them, but im going to assume they are pretty close to the cartels.
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 06:24 PM   #3 (permalink)
JustDoIt

Yeah there a step up or two from the cartels. But i heard they were on the stiff side.
Old 11-04-2009, 06:35 PM   #4 (permalink)

I had the 08 P1. Not really stiff, pretty comfy. It's defintely on the heavy side though, so probably not that good for park. There are defintely better park bindings out there.
ScBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:04 PM   #5 (permalink)
JustDoIt

Do you no any good park bindings?

Does anyone no how they compare to the Rome 390s?

Last edited by JustDoIt; 11-04-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-04-2009, 07:34 PM   #6 (permalink)

For park, I've riden Burton Mission, Cartel, Triad, Rome 390 and Union Force. I really liked Union Force and Triads best. Force were just solid reponsive bindings, Triads were a little more forgiving and very comfortable. Burton Missions were the best for the buck, but a bit soft for some. Cartels are like Triads with no padding, so they are less comfy but very light, definitely the lighest of them all. Rome 390 were great, very responsive like the Unions but were a bit heavier than the Burtons mentioned.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 07:44 PM   #7 (permalink)
JustDoIt

So in your opinion the Triads are the best for park?

Becuase i want good park bindings. I used to ride the Burton Missions and loved them, but i wanna take it a step higher.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:17 PM   #8 (permalink)

I know the Burton team uses Triads for pipe and street a lot. When you're hitting big stuff them have a lot of heal dampening. They rock a nice heal gel pad and have a crazy amount of padding. They remain light even with all the cush they provide. I like them for ice, rails and bigger kickers. If you really like to feel your board under you the Missions are a bit better. If you want a bit more response and cushion Triads are great. With a good set of boots you can hit street rails all day and save you heels and knees a lot of pain. It's all about preference. I liked Union Forces most for jibbing boxes because of the feel they've got (Missions too), but they are something you might get tired in for all mountain, ice, and rails. Depends what you hit in the park and what you'll be riding outside the park.

If you ride straight park and you loved the Missions you'd love Cartels if you want something very similar with a bit more response and feel. If you want a similar ride to both with serious padding Triads are nice.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:33 PM   #9 (permalink)

Oh I take the "no padding" part back in reguards to Cartels. I rode them three seasons ago and it seems they are a heavier on the padding now, more similar to Triads. They are a little stiffer, though. Missions are 5, Triads 6, Cartels 7. I ride Triads at the moment because I too loved the Missions but don't care for their ratchets at all. Cartels and Triads rock much stronger straps and ratchets.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:44 PM   #10 (permalink)
twinrider148

I rode p1's in the park last season.. they were ok but there are definitely better park bindings out there.