need some ladies help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default need some ladies help

I am trying to help my girlfriend find some new boots this year as her boots from last year gave her fits. She bought some Vans Encore boots at the beginning of last year from our local shop (its an outdoors shop not a snow specific shop) and I guess the guy didnt have a clue what he was doing. They ended up being too small and rubbed blisters on her heel from what I can only assume is heel lift and also made one of her toenails fall off. We then went to a shop in West Virginia (6 hours away) at the end of the season and the lady at the store spent about an hour with her and they deduced that she has a narrow heel. Their boot supply had been depleted by this time and we couldnt find any to fit her.

Does anyone know of any women specific boots that have a narrower heel than most? I've read through snowolfs post that he had recently about the same problems for men. I gathered most pointed towards Salomon and Ride in that post. Feel free to suggest anything as in Kentucky we only have 2 stores in the state that sell snowboarding equipment, one is Dicks and the other is the place that already gave her terrible fitting boots.

SO please throw some stuff out there and we can get her riding right. Plus, who knows, it may get me a blowie.
Woosenheimer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 03:22 AM   #2 (permalink)

Hey dude, sorry this is days late. I have this problem in boots too. I'm a guy so I always have the option of buying womens boots, which can solve this problem. Women's boots tend to be more narrow. But some brands just make their male models in smaller sizes and pretty colours and call them womens. I recommend Burton's because they were the first to make a real girls boot that is narrow. My gf has Emeralds that I got for $130 and they are great. I personally went with Burton Grails, but I had to put in J pads and a Superfeet foot bed. J pads go in behind the liner around the ankle area to reduce lift. Burton has very good heel support, but also offers J pads with most of their boots. And even ones that don't have J pads included will have a velcro spot for them (at least on Burton). The shop attendent gave my the J pads for free with mine because Burton in their infinite wisdom decided to not include them on their $300+ boots.

Anyway dude, PM me if you want so detailed info on fitting boots, heat molding, J pads, Footbeds and whatever. You should take almost an hour fitting a boot for a non-standard foot. And you will likely have to try more than one (that might means hours of shopping =( ). You might have to give'r on down to West Virginia against for this. But hey, that should earn you that blowie.
Anor is offline   Reply With Quote