Best wax? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 10:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
skim milk

Default Best wax?

Hey guys, I really want to start waxing my board on my own this year and i was just wondering, what is the best wax out there. I pretty much just want it to last long and keep my base slick. Also, is there a difference between using a waxing iron and a regular clothes iron? I just really dont want to pay $40 for a waxing iron when i can get a regular one that works just as well for $15. Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 10:15 PM   #2 (permalink)

For wax i would go with super hot sauce made by hertel its relatively cheap and has great reviews. (Hertelskiwax.com, ski wax, snowboard wax and waxing accessories.) I just bought a lot of it and will be using it all season on my boards. as for waxing with a regular iron compared to a waxing iron i would say pay the extra for a waxing iron. I used a regular iron for a season and it made waxing such a chore since the temperature does not stay constant. i then got a waxing iron and can wax boards 10 times faster and the result is a lot cleaner. With a regular iron you will get patches of wax and it wont be smooth but since a waxing iron is made for the job it creates a perfectly smooth coat of wax making it much easier to scrape off and just a lot better in general
mtmgiants is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:17 PM   #3 (permalink)

good wax is good wax imo. get the right color(temp) wax. at my mountain the guys in the shop would use a mix of 2 colors somtimes depending on conditions. a waxing iron is far better than a clothes iron for waxing it heats way more even. + get a good scraper and some scotch brite pads. getting the wax off is just as important as getting it on
The_Guchi is offline   Reply With Quote