149 Bataleon Fun. Kink ??? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2009, 11:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
Backside7s

Default 149 Bataleon Fun. Kink ???

Hey guys, the only Bataleon board I can find for less than 430$ is the 2009 Bataleon Fun.Kink and its a 149. This is a great deal and I would love to get it but I have a few doubts/questions.

1.) I'm 6'0, 135-140lbs. I like flatland tricks, small/med kickers, playing with natural features, BUT I also really like to carve fast/ride fast down blacks and race my friends. With all that in mind, is the 149 Fun.Kink to small for me??

2.) I know the Fun.Kink is slightly setback twin, since I don't get to ride in to much pow and I do like to ride switch is this board going to be a bad choice? Or is it possible to make this a true twin by just setting the bindings up .5 cms or 1 cm whatever the setback is?

Thanks a bunch fellas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-06-2009, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Hrmmm, pretty short indeed...

My girl is 5'10 and about your weight and she rides a 157 Fun Kink. She could step down some but I dunno about a 149..... It's a really soft board as well, but you don't weigh much so it may handle you on jumps.

Overall though man, I'm pretty positive this board is to short/soft for your speed dreams.

What size feet do you have? Can you even fit on a 149 without your feet hanging way over?
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 11:23 PM   #3 (permalink)
Backside7s

haha damnit... Thats basically what I knew, just didn't want to face facts because I'm going to get a Bataleon board regardless after reading everything about TBT I was just hoping I could rock the 300$ one as opposed to 450$ but looks like Im going to have to get the 450.

Sill can't decide between the Evil Twin or the Fun Kink as well on what size I should get based on my style of riding that I stated above, what do you think?^

Thanks for being honest though I appreciate it, guess I won't be getting the 09 149 unless someone convinces me otherwise.
Old 11-06-2009, 11:32 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'm gonna guess you would be better off with the ET

The Fun Kink is a pretty soft board.... I know your pretty light, but it's geared pretty heard towards riding rails imo. I think the ET would suit you better if your into bombing and such. I would recommend a 155 or 159. Depending on what you like to do more whether its park stuff or bigger all mountain stuff, I would base your length decision on that.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:03 AM   #5 (permalink)
Backside7s

yeah I think based on that Ill go 155 but after looking over the other boards would the Goliath actually better suit me over the Evil Twin? I really want something I can bomb/carve and hit some good kickers but at the sametime do some pretty over the top groundtricks like prolonged wheelies, 360 butters, and whatever that thing is where you stay on the nose and tail while 180ing back and forth down the slope. Which do you think fits that the best?

I'm sorry for the questions, just want to make sure I make the right decision since I'm about to drop close to 700 dollars on a new board and bindings. Thanks so much for all the help
Old 11-07-2009, 03:29 AM   #6 (permalink)

Hey Backside7s, you should consider buying this brand-new 09 Bataleon Goliath 157 from johncp for $350 shipped:

http://www.snowboardingforum.com/buy...ale-trade.html

The Goliath and Evil Twin are very similar boards, main differences being:

the Goliath's even 5 flex/stiffness versus the ET's 6-4-6 (tip-middle-tip) flex/stiffness,

the directional twin Goliath's very minimal 10 mm setback versus the true twin ET's centered stance,

and the base materials.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 08:43 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Actually that's a great call Pat. I totally forgot about that Goliath.

If you want to save some money then go with that Goliath, otherwise do as stated prior.
Old 11-07-2009, 02:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
von

ET would be better choice for what you want to achieve. but the goliath imo would be a better all rounder. Im short but very athletic range btwn seasonal 130-140lbs and i ride 147 et for jumps and a bit more speed
fun kink at 149 for your hiehgt and weight would make jibing easier i tihnk flat land tricks too. I got a 143 fun kin usa yesterday yes 143 ultra rare and im very eager to get on it. VERY LIGHT but i digress 157 goliath wouldnot be AS condusive to flat land tricks and switch then a 155 ET imho pls do correct if im ass u me ing wrong.
von is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 05:13 PM   #9 (permalink)

I concur with von's assessment that the ET should/would be better at trickery and such while the Goliath should/would be better at all-mountain type stuff... Yup.
PATKOUG is offline   Reply With Quote