SummeGoing to pick up a new Never r... But bloody hell, which one?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
Drunktank

Default SummeGoing to pick up a new Never r... But bloody hell, which one?!

Well gents... figured I'd sign up on here and see if you all can help me out with a rather vexxing question.... which Never Summmer board to pick up?

A little info... I've been boarding since 1994 and have had a few boards in my time... but unfortunately, in the past four years I've been kinda out of it as I was living in the desert. But now Im back in Colorado! I currently weigh in at 255 lbs and have an ooooold Burton Floater 167 from back in '03 or so.... cant really remember. Either way, its time to upgrade but DAMN has snowboard tech surpassed me! Im almost lost on where to even start looking. That being said, I figured hell with it... lets stay local and go with a Never Summer... theyve always had top notch gear! Plus a warentee is nice to have considering how hard I can be on stuff.

My riding style is pretty much freeride. If Im somewhere like Wolf Creek (grew up there), youll never get me out of the trees or the big pow. Someplace like keystone or vail... I pretty much stick to the big super fast groomers or bowls if theres anything worth hitting up. Overall though, I looove going fast! Not much of a park guy and youll never see me in a pipe or doin weird shit... I do enjoy a good rail or dropping off a big cornice though! I avoid mogul fields unless theyre short enough for me to just kinda skip over the tops of.

That all being said... I dont know what board to get. I was thinking about either the Premier F1 or the Heritage XR (with its ass ugly graphics). My first guess was to go a bit longer to a 168 but it seems like with that rocker/camber jazz I might be able to go a weee bit shorter and still be able to be stable and balls out fast. I wear a size 12 boot so thats always a consideration, but last year I picked up some burton top o' the line boots that are kick ass.. bloody things are a 12 but have the footprint of a size 10 from 5 years ago!

All that being said, what do you guys think my best option is? If there are any other boards you really think you should consider. please post them up!

Thanks for the help Gents! I cant wait for this season to get rollings! already got a few runs in at A-Basin on the beater so far!

~Ryan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-07-2009, 11:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

premier would be a good choice

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Drunktank

realistically... how do the premiers and the heritages stack up against one another? Whats each one better suited for?
Old 11-09-2009, 06:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

the heritage is more of an ultra-high-end freestyle board, while the premier is a more typical freeride deck

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:40 PM   #5 (permalink)
Rocketbass88

Quote:
Originally Posted by legallyillegal View Post
the heritage is more of an ultra-high-end freestyle board, while the premier is a more typical freeride deck
Freestyle board? The Heritage R is just a step below the Titan and Premier as a big mountain board... being that it's a little less about pow and a little more versatile. That will most likely be my next board.

Last edited by Rocketbass88; 11-09-2009 at 06:55 PM.