Equipment advice needed! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 09:59 AM   #1 (permalink)
Patman

Default Equipment advice needed!

Hi guys, after about 6 years on putting up with rental equipment, i've taken the plunge and bought a 2010 Signal Park board with 2009 Burton P1.1 bindings. (both pretty heavily reduced )
Im a reasonable freeride standard and am looking to progress my park skills. I live in England so most of my riding takes place on indoor slopes. I need some advice on a good pair of freestyle boots, preferably without breaking the bank. I was wondering about a pair of 32 boots as i've heard they are comfortable and really light which will help compensate for my heavy(ish) bindings. However i have heard that they have some reliability issues (lasting thirtytwo days etc etc).
The specific pairs i had in mind were the FruitBoot from 2009 and this years Prion or Lashed models. Any help/advice would be much appreciated.

I also need a bag thats going to be able to store by set-up, boots and gear. (so everything essentially) I was thinking about the Nitro-Team bag and was wondering if anyone has ay experience with this or other Nitro bags:

Please enable your cookies

Also.. (sorry for the long post)
Any advice on maintenance equipment? Ive bought a cheap clothes iron for about 4 and for the other stuff i was wondering if it was worth investing in a proper set of gear like this:

DaKine Deluxe Tune Up Snowboard Tuning Kit

Thanks in advance

Last edited by Patman; 11-08-2009 at 10:28 AM. Reason: Forgot to add the question about th bag.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #2 (permalink)
Patman

Bought the bag, so if you were going to post saying how terrible Nitro bags are please break it to me gently!
Old 11-09-2009, 03:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

hey whats up man, as far as bags go a bags a bag. that dakine tuning kit is pretty nice dont know if you will need everything but its good to be prepared. for boots 32's are pretty nice checkout the lashed they are a decence boot that wont kill you wallet. i road burton hails for the last few season and like them just got nike boots and love them but they will break the bank. i would say go try some boots on at your local shop just to find the right size and comfort then try the-house.com or other online stores and order something from last year to save money
CaRMaNiA666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 04:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
oxi

Hey man, I just bought a pair of 32 boots myself. From what I've read on these forums they're pretty solid, no reliability issues. I've only worn mine once though so can't really comment. The important thing is you have to try on a bunch of different boots to see which ones fit. I can say my boots are really comfortable but that's only on my feet. I'm in the UK too and I would suggest going to Subvert to check them out. The staff there are really knowledgable and have loads of to deal with you, if you tell them you want them for freestyle they'll guide you to the right boot. Keep an open mind when you go and don't stick to a specific brand.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 04:35 PM   #5 (permalink)
Patman

Thanks guys - anyone else got any opinions on which boots i should be looking at/maintenance gear?
was also thinking of investing in a helmet... i want one thts gnna look pretty good - low profile, maybe a peak.. aswell as being comfortable and protecting my head of course.