buying a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 11:12 AM   #1 (permalink)
midwestsnow

Default buying a new board

Hey, so I am looking for some recommendations (mainly cause I didn't get a chance to demo at all this year). I am 5'10 male, 145lbs, and all mountain rider. I'm pretty experienced, I've been riding for 10 years and like to hit the more technical terrain out west (not as much park, but some). I'm from the midwest, but moving out to SoCal which I plan to ride Mammoth and Big bear pretty extensively.

Anyways, with that out the way, I'm looking to experiment with a Burton v rocker type of board this year (I get deals on Burton hence I'm going with them). I haven't had a chance to ride a rocker board, but I figured it would be fun to mess around with. I'm looking at either the Custom v-rocker or Joystick. From what I've read, they are pretty comparable, but I'm just looking for advice from people who have rode them and what they think. I'm also looking at a 154 in either board.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 01:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
sweeney017

Default New Board

I really like the skate banana and its a personal favorite but you can check out the GNU park pickle (a great all mountain board) I rode the Rome Graft and Riff for a season and really liked them too. I ride Whistler/Blackcomb, Mt. Baker and Big White all the time and all those boards have held up well for all mountain and park. I have been really impressed with the way the banana rides especially because you can ride a much shorter board with the reverse camber. Let me know if you have anymore questions.