Oakley Crowbars Issue - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-08-2009, 09:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
thefreshjive

Default Oakley Crowbars Issue

Hey I have had the Oakley Crowbar for about two seasons now. On one of my trips to Mammoth Mt. back in December there was quite a storm. As I would be boarding I would just be too lazy to constantly check and wipe off the snow that would slowly collect on top of my goggles. Over time the snow melted and iced up, and by the end of the day like the idiot that I am I gently pulled this ice popsicle that was attached to my goggles with much curiosity. To my utter dismay I had just ripped about a L shaped inch tear straight through the middle of foam covering the top vents of the goggle. Bummer.

Anyways, I've boarded several times with the same pair of goggles and I haven't really seen any significant differences. Regardless it just bothers me that I have this hole on the top of my goggles. I have actually been quite nonchalant about it til now as I've decided that I'm gonna stop wasting money on goggles (seriously like my 5th pair)... for this upcoming season atleast . Plus I love my sexy white Crowbars. I know its been more than a year for my manufacturers warranty, and an Oakley representative I talked to told me I should mail my goggle in for them to inspect and then they would notify me of the cost of repair. Really? I'm sadly too lazy for that. Is there any place I can just buy some replacement Crowbar frame vent foam? Is there a possibility that I can just purchase this specific part from Oakley rather than sending my goggle in? Any help from people with Oakley customer service experience is much appreciated.

Maybe I should just man up, and quit growing so attached. hahaha definitely been eying the Feenom sawtooth Von Zippers .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-08-2009, 09:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

go to a store and find some foam?

GOD IS DONUT
legallyillegal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 09:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
thefreshjive

Hmmm. Like a fabric store? The thought of going out, finding the right foam with the right texture/color/thickness/etc, then cutting out the right shape and delicately fitting it on, seems rather complex for a stubborn man like me to pull off. On the good note atleast I'll have a one of kind Crowbar with crazy flairing eyebrows.