Help with new equipment for 09-10 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2009, 02:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Banda1d

Default Help with new equipment for 09-10

I've been riding on my cousins 153' unknown board with clip-on bindings and boots (god forbid these things) for about 3 years now and I've decided to get my own setup. I bought a 152' K2 WWW board with large Rome 390 bindings. I was wondering if this was a good start for my new set. I mostly hit boxes, rails, and mini jumps. I want to try out nose presses and such but i couldn't cause my cousins board was too stiff.

I know with the K2 WWW board i can go 5cm lower than usual but is 152' good for my height/weight (5'7, 200LBS). And is there anything to expect switching from clip-ons to straps?

one last thing is that I'm still trying to find boots to go with my setup (laces or boa?).
Help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 02:13 AM   #2 (permalink)

the 390s are pretty sweet. over-the-toe strap is pretty sweet.

if u go boa get the dual zone boas.
squishydonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:29 AM   #3 (permalink)
JustWanaHaveFun

well I think the board is a little to big cause im your height but no where near your weight, 125, and i ride a 148 DWD Maet. Also, BOA is pretty legit. Faster then laces that is for sure.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
oxi

I think it depends more on the weight. I'm that height too and weigh in at 150, ride 153. +1 for BOA!
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 11:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Banda1d

thanks for the input. Hope 152' isn't too big of a problem for me, but we'll just have to see. Are there any brand/type boots i should look into for my setup?
Old 11-09-2009, 12:02 PM   #6 (permalink)

actually, 152 is a bit too small for you conidering your weight, but if you're only jibbing it won't be a problem.

the lacing system is a matter of preference more than anything else. for your riding, boot flex is more important. you don't want a real stiff boot for jibbing.
Cool_As_Cakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Listen to Cool As Cakes. At 200lbs, a 152 WWW will flex like it's a wet noodle. If you're just jibbing, you're all set, but I wouldn't consider taking a large jump with this setup.

BTW, other than for the size choice, this is a great board and bindings combo.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 01:51 PM   #8 (permalink)
oxi

Boots really depend on what fits best for you, shouldn't limit yourself to any brands. If you're into boxes and rails I think you're looking for a softer boot. Go into a shop and try on loads of different boots.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:45 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banda1d View Post
I've been riding on my cousins 153' unknown board with clip-on bindings and boots (god forbid these things) for about 3 years now and I've decided to get my own setup. I bought a 152' K2 WWW board with large Rome 390 bindings. I was wondering if this was a good start for my new set. I mostly hit boxes, rails, and mini jumps. I want to try out nose presses and such but i couldn't cause my cousins board was too stiff.

I know with the K2 WWW board i can go 5cm lower than usual but is 152' good for my height/weight (5'7, 200LBS). And is there anything to expect switching from clip-ons to straps?

one last thing is that I'm still trying to find boots to go with my setup (laces or boa?).
Help would be appreciated.
that board is prob to small for you if you like smaller board get something with rocker you can ride them shorter. you said you have large bindings so i would imagine you have large feet. anything about a 10.5 your gonna need a wide board. burton makes boots with a smaller foot print to allow people that would normal ride a wide to be able to fit a normal width board.
CaRMaNiA666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:33 PM   #10 (permalink)
Banda1d

just to be sure before i buy boots, a boot that is 'stiff' somewhat restricts ankle movement? correct me if i'm wrong. Soft boots allow somewhat ankle movement?