Best wax - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 02:22 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 96
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Best wax

What flouro waxes do you prefer? I've only used Kuu, Toko, and Bakoda. I found Toko to be the fastest for my needs. Was wondering if anyone has tried these and more, but maybe prefers something else? I hear One ball Jay is good stuff. Anyone used their F-1 or something by them?

I ride in warmish conditions 0 to -22c (around 30-0f). I consider anything fast that lasts a day of riding to be good.
Anor is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 02:32 PM
Rocketbass88
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I've always used One Ball Jay when I'm not using a friends (no idea what they use). Can't say I've ever purposely tried another wax, but OBJ has never done me wrong so I see no reason to change.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,129
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anor View Post
What flouro waxes do you prefer? I've only used Kuu, Toko, and Bakoda. I found Toko to be the fastest for my needs. Was wondering if anyone has tried these and more, but maybe prefers something else? I hear One ball Jay is good stuff. Anyone used their F-1 or something by them?

I ride in warmish conditions 0 to -22c (around 30-0f). I consider anything fast that lasts a day of riding to be good.
I ride a lot in colder conditions, -17C and below, and I really like KUU's cold temp. graphite wax. Fast and lasts a long time. Stains your base black, but if I'm seeing my base a lot while I'm riding, wax is the least of my concerns.

Haven't had much luck with the cheaper Toko waxes that you can find everywhere. It's okay, but doesn't seem to last.

For me OBJ universal was the same....okay. Seems to last well, but not noticeably faster or slower fast (probably because it was an all-temp wax)

Heard good things about Hertel Hot Sauce, but I'll finish my shop block of graphite before I buy more wax.
Bones is offline  
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:26 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: philadelphia
Posts: 89
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
hey guys i've always used one ball jay and its always been good to me. i tried blue bird soy wax last year and hated it, it didnt go onto my bass very well road with it one day and it felt like it was slowing me down scraped it off that nite and havent touched it since. i dont know if it was the fact that it was soy or what but i just stick with OBJ now.
CaRMaNiA666 is offline  
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:32 PM
mxchamp004
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
I always use bluebird, but ive never used flouro wax, so i honestly cant tell you which is best
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:46 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
How long does the KUU or OBJ last before your next wax? I use the Toko wax and don't really see a need to change: it's cheap as hell so I can wax my board after every third session and you can find it everywhere.
DC5R is offline  
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Veteran Member
 
AWNOW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Colorado
Posts: 716
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have always used Toko when I wax it myself. I make sure to get it in there nice and deep like too, so it works great for me.

I also had tried the bluebird soy previously and I am not a fan.
AWNOW is offline  
post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 03:53 PM
Rocketbass88
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC5R View Post
How long does the KUU or OBJ last before your next wax? I use the Toko wax and don't really see a need to change: it's cheap as hell so I can wax my board after every third session and you can find it everywhere.
I'm a little overboard with it, but I usually wax every other full day out. My younger brother waxes with OBJ on his GNU every 4 or 5 times out and hasn't had any problems.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 04:30 PM
Veteran Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 1,610
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocketbass88 View Post
I'm a little overboard with it, but I usually wax every other full day out. My younger brother waxes with OBJ on his GNU every 4 or 5 times out and hasn't had any problems.
I don't think there'll be any problems, it's just the cost of these premium waxes I can't justify, especially if I'm not competing or anything like that. Then again, I'm just cheap that way
DC5R is offline  
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 11-09-2009, 05:17 PM
Veteran Member
 
Milo303's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Denver
Posts: 2,967
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaRMaNiA666 View Post
hey guys i've always used one ball jay and its always been good to me. i tried blue bird soy wax last year and hated it, it didnt go onto my bass very well road with it one day and it felt like it was slowing me down scraped it off that nite and havent touched it since. i dont know if it was the fact that it was soy or what but i just stick with OBJ now.
Those are probably non compatible waxes which is why the soy seemed like shit? The poors of your board were probably full of the old wax and the new wax didn't wanna blend I guess??



And DCSR- Wax is very important to the life of your board..... Look at it like changing the oil in your car. Oil is cheap, a new motor is not. Ya know?


I personally use One Ball Jay as well but I may try some Bluebird.... Seems like OBJ and Bluebird dominate the market
Milo303 is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome