Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Concept Snowboard Goggles (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/1953-concept-snowboard-goggles.html)

arifman13 11-23-2007 04:05 PM

Concept Snowboard Goggles

4 Attachment(s)
Hey Everyone,

You may have read an earlier post of mine. My aim was to design a pair of Snowboard goggles, which were more aggressive than the usual. And generally just a bit different.

I've come up with a few concepts for you to have a look at and discuss.

I'd really appreciate all your input of the attached concepts

thanks a lot

B-166-er 11-23-2007 04:11 PM

theyre a little too star wars for my taste

woogie 11-23-2007 05:28 PM

Haha there pretty rad. I think they look really 80's. Does the weird nose extension thing server a purpous at all? If not you could make up some bull crap that it is for nose protection or something to help sell the goggles. I would probably buy a pair if they don't fog up.

arifman13 11-23-2007 05:32 PM

thanks a lot there, no the nose area hasn't got any real purpose. It's just to give the goggles large looking nostrels, and look slightly machine/spaceman/robotic like!

KJohnson 11-23-2007 06:01 PM

Not to fond of the nose thing... but if you want something more agressive, slimmer and sleaker is the way to go

Mr. Right 11-23-2007 06:28 PM

I think they look pretty cool, the nose may be a little much but I'm sure that after you let all the snowboardingforum.com members demo a pair you will get plenty of feedback. I think they would look great if you toned the nose down a little bit but I like the nostril idea.

peteypab 11-23-2007 07:04 PM

yeah not sure about the nose thing. seems like if they were that big they could serve some purpose.

the whole thing with the lense design is cool... maybe not the giant eyes but if you can do some kind of design on the lense and still have it be effective that'd be cool.

boarderaholic 11-23-2007 07:10 PM

I'd imagine the tops of the goggles to be too square to fit on your face if you do decide to wear helmets. The nose thing also looks absolutely hideous as well...it also doesn't look like these goggles come with any vents of anysort either, which is important if you don't want foggy goggles. Also, make sure the lenses are interchangeable for different light conditions.

yso 11-23-2007 10:12 PM

hologram lenses are a thing of the past man. i think it was smith that did them back in the day. they had skulls and reptilian eyes and a few others if i remember correctly.

i don't get "aggression" from any of those. if anything they look like they a different simply for the sake of being different. not really digging any of them.

alaric 11-23-2007 10:28 PM

I wouldn't wear any of them. They just look ugly. And if I saw someone wearing them I'd probably think "This person is fucking retarded, and those are just pathetic."

Sorry for the neg response