I need help to choose a board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 02:43 PM   #1 (permalink)
rikardwennberg

Default I need help to choose a board

Hi,

I'm going to buy a new snowboard this winter. I don't have to much money to spend on the board because I'm a student. I'm 6"3 tall and weighs around 90kg. I need a wide board. I'm thinking about one of these 3 boars ;

* Fleetwood Ride Wide 161cm
* K2 Anagram Wide 161cm
* Nitro Volume 163 Wide
* Burton Bullet164 Wide

Any suggestions on what I should choose?

Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 03:20 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikardwennberg View Post
Hi,

I'm going to buy a new snowboard this winter. I don't have to much money to spend on the board because I'm a student. I'm 6"3 tall and weighs around 90kg. I need a wide board. I'm thinking about one of these 3 boars ;

* Fleetwood Ride Wide 161cm
* K2 Anagram Wide 161cm
* Nitro Volume 163 Wide
* Burton Bullet164 Wide

Any suggestions on what I should choose?

Thanks
Some great boards there. Post up your shoe size as well. That will let everyone here make some informed suggestions for you.
Wiredsport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 04:02 PM   #3 (permalink)
rikardwennberg

My shoe size is 11-12
Old 11-13-2009, 04:38 PM   #4 (permalink)

What kind of riding will you be doing?
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 07:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
My shoe size is 11-12
What size are you on a brannock device (that is the shoe size gizmo that they use at shoe stores to size feet)? Or...when you wear size 12 Nike's is it a loose fit? I am asking because you will really want to avoid going wide unless you have a very specific reason to do so. Some size 12 riders will want a wider board - guys who want low degree stance angles or have narrower stance widths (which puts your feet on a narrower section of the board). Size 11 guys almost never need a truly wide board, and should avoid them unless they have a very specific reason not to.

Let us know.
Old 11-14-2009, 02:08 AM   #6 (permalink)
rikardwennberg

Well I've been told to have a wide board because I've a size 44-46 european size. I just want to avvoid heal- and toedrag I'm going to snowboard over the whole mountain, in the park, the off-pist. Everywhere So I need a allround board. I'm thinking about the K2 Anagram Wide, what do you guys think?
Thanks for your help.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Well I've been told to have a wide board because I've a size 44-46 european size. I just want to avvoid heal- and toedrag I'm going to snowboard over the whole mountain, in the park, the off-pist. Everywhere So I need a allround board. I'm thinking about the K2 Anagram Wide, what do you guys think?
Thanks for your help.
Hi Rikard,

A Euro 44 shoe size = 10.5 US = 27.3 Mono (which is the centimeter length of the foot it fits). A 46 is a bit over a size 12. There is a big diffrence between the two sizes and you can not be both Let's try another way. What is the cm length of your foot?

If you are a 44 (on the smaller side of the range that you mentioned above) then all of the boards you are considering are too wide.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:59 AM   #8 (permalink)
rikardwennberg

My footh is 28,5 cm long I've read a magazine that told me that I need to have a wide board because I've got bigger feet than european size 44. I've got 45 to 46 on all my other shoes.
Thanks again
Old 11-14-2009, 09:17 AM   #9 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
My footh is 28,5 cm long I've read a magazine that told me that I need to have a wide board because I've got bigger feet than european size 44. I've got 45 to 46 on all my other shoes.
Thanks again
That is odd. 28.5 is is US 12.5 which should be very unformfortable in most size 44 or 45 shoes. But, we do realize that shoe sizes are all across the board. I would say, measure your foot again, being careful not to angle the ruler at all, just a straight line. To do this kick your heel (barefoot please, no socks) back against a wall. Mark the floor at the tip of your toe (the one that sicks out furthest - which toe this is will vary by rider). Measure from the mark on the floor to the wall. That is your foot length and is the only measurement that you will want to use. Measure in centimeters if possible, but if not, take inches and multply by 2.54 (example: an 11.25 inch foot = 28.57 centimeters).

If indeed you are 28.5, then you are looking at good boards, and the Anagram would be a great choice, but if it turns out that you are a real size 44, then it would be the wrong width for you.

Last edited by Wiredsport; 11-14-2009 at 09:25 AM.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:55 AM   #10 (permalink)
rikardwennberg

My foot is 28,5 cm. And I normally have size 45 or 46. But my friend told me to buy smaller snowboardboots because that's better, don't know why?

Do you guys really think the K2 Anagram is a better choice than the Ride Fleetwoood? From what I can find the fleetwood seems a better board, and is more expensive. Why the Anagram?

I must say this is a really good forum and I appreciate all of your help! Really

Cheers
Rikard