Level Gloves with biomex - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 04:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Level Gloves with biomex

so ive been wanting to get a glove with built in protection and finally pulled the trigger on level gloves TWICE!

firs time i ordered a level flash glove...it was really snug and tight at size 7.5
i thought it felt weird wearing it coz the biomex piece doesnt seem to fit my hand! when i flex my palm outward(hyperextension), it seems like the wrist strap was whats restricting the piece from moving.
I dont see how it was suppose to protect my wrist coz if i fall backwards and cushion the fall with my wrist, the biomex piece is gonna be under my palm and the tail piece was just stretching my cuff...ultimately my wrist was still at the angle if i woulda break the fall like normal.
so i returned it.

am i wearing it wrong? sizing it wrong? or this is just not the glove for me?

here a picture of what i was talking about...how the tail just stretches the cuff of the glove. ( yes i pull the wrist strap as tight as i can!)

________
Medical marijuana

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:54 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 05:00 PM   #2 (permalink)

yeah, you got it right. the biomex disperses the impact force all thoughout it, unlike the normal support with a support on the back side of your wrist. you might still feel some pressure on your wrist with the biomex, but it won't break like it would with a 2-piece support. if the support has the back on it, it really just acts like a lever and makes to force travel further up your arm (ironically to where the bones are thinner).
AngryHugo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:03 PM   #3 (permalink)

I keep thinking that ideal protection would be biomex combined with flexmeter.
pailhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 08:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
hexon

I tried some on, and came to the same conclusion as you did. I didn't think it would allow me to hyper-extend my wrist but I was wrong. I just bought some decent mid-priced gloves and am going to use either my wrist guard or athletic tape. I took the tape route last time and it worked just fine. I read that some wrist guards will just cause the break to occur further up, and my orthopedic doctor said that he saw someone come in with the worst break he'd seen, even though she wore wrist protection. I just need to learn how to fall correctly and I'll be good :-)