stufff stolen, - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-13-2009, 09:18 PM   #1 (permalink)
P0w-der

Arrow stufff stolen,

well last year was my first year boarding and i enjoyed it alot, i only went about 4 times about 5-7 hours each time because i got into it late december and i worked alot and all my stuff got stolen the last time i went last season. Its something im positive i want to really get into. I havent tried any jumps or rails or anything like that yet but i can do the basic going down the hill without busting my ass and i know how to turn and bomb the hill straight down and stopping and all that stuff. Well last year i got an atomic discharger board (153). I had burton boots with it and white K2 sonic bindings. I liked the board and the set up alot but thats technically the first set up ive ever rode on or used so i have nothing to compare it to. I was just wondering any opinions if theres anything else i should look into because i am buying a whole new set up this year soon (board/bindings/boots). Im not trying to go outrageous price wise, not 800$-$1000 because I only work part-time and dont have that type of money as of right now and everythings coming out of my pocket not my parents. Usually around the end of november is when the temperatures get right where the slopes start to open so thats why sometime soon i will be purchasing something. Mostly i just ride down the groomed trails and powder because i have not tried parks or jumps yet but im sure i will try them eventually. Im 5'9" 130-135lbs so any input on what set up for even just this season for now that would be good for me or that you would recommend would be greatly appreciated from anyone.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-13-2009, 09:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

In my humble opinion Capita makes the best boards for the least amount of money... That doesn't necessarily mean the best "deal" though. I personally feel that Never Summer offers the best overall value in a snowboard. So you may take a look at both lines....

Ride and Union make great bindings and the Rome 390's are arguably the best park bindings in production.

As far as boots go, that's totally subject to your feets. I personally enjoy the double boa system and the Vans Cirro boot fits me perfectly. However boots are something that you can't really tell someone what to get. Vans and 32 make good boots for people with wider feet though, and DC makes good boots for the narrower footed. Supposedly Ride also makes good boots but I have no experience with them. 2 other boot companies with a lot of steam are Nike and Celsius. I just know the Nikes are supposed to be stupid comfortable and the Celsius have a lot of hype behind em.

So that pretty much covers board, bindings, and boots....

You may check Shayboarder.com for outerwear. I personally enjoy DC outerwear.

And sorry to hear your gear got stolen.... Make sure to invest in a board lock and actually use it
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2009, 11:32 PM   #3 (permalink)

if price is a big issue maybe hunt around for last season gear that's going cheap, i.e Sierra with their 50% sale...
There's heaps of stuff still there, I reckon Forum Grudge for $275 is a pretty tasty deal, even Burton becomes reasonably priced when its 50% off
DiscoStu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:54 PM   #4 (permalink)
P0w-der

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
And sorry to hear your gear got stolen.... Make sure to invest in a board lock and actually use it

yeah i most deffinitly am going to and today i am going out to all the shops around and checking out what they have, if i find something nice for cheap or if i have any questions ill let you guys know, thanks alot
Old 11-14-2009, 03:12 PM   #5 (permalink)
bkrael46

go to dogfunk.com and click on live chat. If you ask them nicely they will give you an invite to departmentofgoods.com that website is devoted specifically to discount/sale/last years items so you can find some really good deals there
Old 11-14-2009, 03:14 PM   #6 (permalink)
bkrael46

o and on that website there is a 1 in 10 chance that they will give you your order for free
Old 11-14-2009, 04:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
kobracom77

Default New Gear

Hey man, sorry to hear about your gear getting gaffed. Some people should spend less time scamming and more time earning their gear. I am sure all of these options listed so far may be good. But when I first started out I could not afford much, because my parents never could help me out. But I can afford a seasons pass now, every year, even if I need a new piece of gear. Thanks to eBay. I have purchased two complete setups for the price of ONE board from a shop. If you would have to wait for a board to get shipped from another shop, why not just try eBay? Just make sure you do your research on what you want first, then seek it out on eBay. You WILL find good deals on all of your gear there. Good Luck.
Old 11-14-2009, 10:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
P0w-der

well i went to the shops today only 2 were open by the time i got there but one had the same exact board i use to have for sale there and the other had 51/50 boards and head boards i have never heard of these two companies really does anybody know any input on these two companies compared to atomic? and i will check out ebay and see what they have thank you
Old 11-15-2009, 01:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
kobracom77

Hey man, I have a couple of Atomics for sale, I have 07/08 new in sleeves, I have an Atomic Radon 154cm. Also have an Atomic Alibi 159cm. P.M. me if you are interested. Otherwise, I would probably stay away from the $51.50 and can't say much about the head boards, I have no idea.
Old 11-15-2009, 06:39 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

5150 is crap, head used to make good skis, i dunno if they do anymore. I have no experience with head boards, i actually didn't know they still made boards because I haven't seen any forever