Help!trying to figure out what board would be good for me - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 08:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
snowbunny159

Default Help!trying to figure out what board would be good for me

this year i plan to be taking alot of trips to go snowboarding. i want to get a new board boots and bindings for myself. im about 5'2 and around 130 lbs and FEMALE. im not trying to spend alot of money on a board somthing around $250 and under would be great. i saw and LTD board that i like but i dont know if that is a good brand or not.any thoughts?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-14-2009, 08:25 PM   #2 (permalink)

Make sure you actually go to a local shop or something to make sure your boot fits perfectly and then decide on what type of riding you'll be focusing on the mountain whether it be park or just cruising around.
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 08:30 PM   #3 (permalink)
snowbunny159

i plan to get my boots at a shop here but im lookin online for a board. ill prob be mostly cruising with a lil park.
Old 11-14-2009, 08:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd look into Never Summer. Their reputation in the shred communtity is top of the line and their customer service is second to none. As for types, I'm not sure because I don't know much about women's snowboards. But I'd say you need a directional, twin, board with a mideum flex when it comes to stiffness. I do a lot of regular ridding (pretty aggresive actually) and a little park, so I ride a regular camber board. I'd suggest it to you as well, but maybe you want to try a rocker. Both have their pros and cons. I hope this helps.
Dano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 09:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Are you still a beginner? LTD is not a very good brand. You can find much higher quality boards in last year's models within your budget on websites like Sierrasnowboard.com. SIerra is currently selling an '09 Rome Vinyl for $185. Quality board, forgiving for beginners, yet something you can grow into. The same website is selling some quality bindings for under $100 as well.

Don't buy boots without trying them on. Read the bootfitting guide at the top of this forum for more information.
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
snowbunny159

im getting the burton feelgood from 09. i have heard its a good board and it should last me awhile. any thoughts on that board?

now its time for boots and bindings for it. i have to get the EST bindings for it which seem to be pretty pricey.