Looking for a helmet - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2009, 03:36 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Looking for a helmet

Hey I'm looking to get in the park a little this year so I want a helmet. What are some good ones and where is the best/cheapest place to get one? I've been to a couple stores browsing around and I noticed some of the helmets have vents that are supposed to help defog your goggles. Anyone know how well those work?
jordan2734 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-15-2009, 03:46 PM   #2 (permalink)
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by jordan2734 View Post
Hey I'm looking to get in the park a little this year so I want a helmet. What are some good ones and where is the best/cheapest place to get one? I've been to a couple stores browsing around and I noticed some of the helmets have vents that are supposed to help defog your goggles. Anyone know how well those work?
Go to 'advanced search' type in 'helmet', highlight 'search titles only', search in general equipment talk.

10/11 - 24, Smote on Feb 13
MunkySpunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:25 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
Go to 'advanced search' type in 'helmet', highlight 'search titles only', search in general equipment talk.
That's how I found THIS thread! Oh man, my search for a new helmet has turned into a vicious circle...
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #4 (permalink)
oxi

yo i just bought a protec helmet classic snow audio force.. was the cheapest one i could find that came with speakers. the only other ones being red and giro.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2009, 06:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if its certified by a safety association and light, its "good". Go look for one now. Even some non-certified ones are "good"
Old 11-15-2009, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

I rolled the dice and bought a Giro Shiv of Tramdock for $40. It just popped up again (18 minutes left).

It ended up fitting me quite well. The size m was for 55-59 cm and I was right in the middle with a 57cm head. It comes with 2 different thicknesses of foam pads that attach with velcro to the inner felt-like liner, so you can customize the fit a little bit. It has plugs for all the air vents. There is magnetic clip that attaches to your goggle strap that holds your strap in place. The helmet itself has two magnet positions (upper and lower) in the back. I haven't got to use it yet so I have yet to see how well the magnet holds (my initial opinion is that the magnet is strong enough to get the job done).

The ear pieces are a little narrow, but not too bad( you may not want it if you have a wide head).
It fits my Smith Prodigy's and Bolle X9 OTG (even bigger than Prodigy) perfectly (although I have a tall forehead).
It is also pretty lightweight.

Last edited by BoardTheSnow73; 11-15-2009 at 11:33 PM.
BoardTheSnow73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 03:02 PM   #7 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MunkySpunk View Post
I did search before posting and I did not see anything recent or that helped very much, but I didn't select "search titles only" so that might have helped me find more.
But anyways, anyone got the Red trace, its on brociety for $40 so I'm a little tempted. I've been to the stores around here and although they don't have much of a selection I did find out that medium usually fits pretty good on me.
jordan2734 is offline   Reply With Quote