suggest gear - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default suggest gear

okay so I picked up a 160 bullet rome bodega and burton custom bindings last year.
I was wondering if I should get a helmet, and I want new goggles anyone have the a frames or have suggestions for another brand? and also I need a bag any suggestions there?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 03:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
pythagorous

I think anyone wondering about getting a helmet should definitely get one. I've always used spy goggles and I really like them. Right now I'm sticking with omegas. Depends what kind of bag you need - is it just for packing in the car? for checking your board in when you fly?
Old 11-16-2009, 03:05 PM   #3 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagorous View Post
I think anyone wondering about getting a helmet should definitely get one. I've always used spy goggles and I really like them. Right now I'm sticking with omegas. Depends what kind of bag you need - is it just for packing in the car? for checking your board in when you fly?
well my brother has a frames I tried them out and was not 2 impressed. as far as the bag goes..it will be for car for the next year. But I might fly out the year after. do bags generally last for a long time? any suggestions for an all around decent bag? I would go with putting in car mostly, I can always buy a new one if the price difference is huge between the 2
Old 11-16-2009, 04:36 PM   #4 (permalink)

goggles depends on the shape of each person's face. You gonna have to try it on yourself. I have a pair of Smith Phenom Asian fit and Oakley A frame J...i have a smaller face and need goggles with more foam around the nose.

just look for a decent padded bag and u can use it for quite some time. Keep an eye on brociety i saw the burton gig bag on couple times for 25 ish. Burton and dakine both make good bags.
________
LIVE SEX

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:55 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 04:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

Definitely get a helmet if you're gonna spend time in park a fair amount.
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 08:21 PM   #6 (permalink)

i dont plan on really being in the park I just free ride for the most part. Never tried doing anything in a park. As far as bags go how much do they usually go for CAnadian, I went 2 the store 2day and saw one for 100$ can. that had nice pading and plenty of room.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Relyt23

Get a Helmet. I smacked the crap out of my head a couple times last year with and without a helmet. They all hurt but I know the helmet kept me from getting a concussion. I think the first hit on the ground without a helmet (on ice) left me with one. Not sure, don't remember... Jk, I do remember that it SUCKED.
Old 11-16-2009, 09:55 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Relyt23 View Post
Get a Helmet. I smacked the crap out of my head a couple times last year with and without a helmet. They all hurt but I know the helmet kept me from getting a concussion. I think the first hit on the ground without a helmet (on ice) left me with one. Not sure, don't remember... Jk, I do remember that it SUCKED.
yeah I will get one prob for this season...they don't seem 2 be very pricey. Does it matter what kind u get or what not?
Old 11-17-2009, 12:40 PM   #9 (permalink)

Helmets are always a good idea i would get one depending on your style. Protec makes a nice helmet but again look at what style you like as well as how it fits your dome. Anon goggles are nice I ride with figments I also ride Spy's and Oakley again its all preferance and how they fit your face. I also recommend a lighter lens that way you can ride your tinted goggles at night and still see. always a plus
NYrYder27 is offline   Reply With Quote