DC HKD - should I get one?! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 03:41 PM   #1 (permalink)
Jazz Maverick

Default DC HKD - should I get one?!

Alright boys and girls

Ive just put a deposit down on a shiny new DC HKD all mountain board at my local board store. Id describe myself as an intermediate rider - Im fairly confident lashing down any grade piste, and a bit of powder, on my current board, a Palmer Clutch 06. The folk down the store (who also sold me my Palmer a few years back) said that this was the perfect board for me, if I like the performance, handling, and characteristics of my Palmer. All good.

However, a bit of research on the net has thrown up a few reviews and forum posts that are saying the DC is a crazy, balls out board, that needs to be tamed by an expert all mountain rider. Can any of you knowledgeable people verify or disprove this? Will it be a suitable board for me, a very average all mountain rider who likes speed but isnt insane?! Have my local store tried to fob me off with a board they want to get rid of? Any help much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 05:33 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Maverick View Post
However, a bit of research on the net has thrown up a few reviews and forum posts that are saying the DC is a crazy, balls out board, that needs to be tamed by an expert all mountain rider. Can any of you knowledgeable people verify or disprove this? Will it be a suitable board for me, a very average all mountain rider who likes speed but isnt insane?!
The Boards only gonna go where you take it and do what you tell it to do.

Ride on
Bkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 05:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

You will be able to control it.... It's not like it has a jet engine on it or something.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 04:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Jazz Maverick

Cheers guys, thought that might be the case but wanted to hear someone else voice the same opinion! My clutch was always raved about as a fast as fuck board, and has always Been perfect for my ability so here's hoping the dc is as good!