LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 04:41 PM
Jazz Maverick

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
DC HKD - should I get one?!

Alright boys and girls

Ive just put a deposit down on a shiny new DC HKD all mountain board at my local board store. Id describe myself as an intermediate rider - Im fairly confident lashing down any grade piste, and a bit of powder, on my current board, a Palmer Clutch 06. The folk down the store (who also sold me my Palmer a few years back) said that this was the perfect board for me, if I like the performance, handling, and characteristics of my Palmer. All good.

However, a bit of research on the net has thrown up a few reviews and forum posts that are saying the DC is a crazy, balls out board, that needs to be tamed by an expert all mountain rider. Can any of you knowledgeable people verify or disprove this? Will it be a suitable board for me, a very average all mountain rider who likes speed but isnt insane?! Have my local store tried to fob me off with a board they want to get rid of? Any help much appreciated!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jazz Maverick View Post
However, a bit of research on the net has thrown up a few reviews and forum posts that are saying the DC is a crazy, balls out board, that needs to be tamed by an expert all mountain rider. Can any of you knowledgeable people verify or disprove this? Will it be a suitable board for me, a very average all mountain rider who likes speed but isnt insane?!
The Boards only gonna go where you take it and do what you tell it to do.

Ride on
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-16-2009, 06:37 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
You will be able to control it.... It's not like it has a jet engine on it or something.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-17-2009, 05:12 AM
Jazz Maverick

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Cheers guys, thought that might be the case but wanted to hear someone else voice the same opinion! My clutch was always raved about as a fast as fuck board, and has always Been perfect for my ability so here's hoping the dc is as good!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode