need help picking out a new board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 06:47 PM   #1 (permalink)
matt_0144

Default need help picking out a new board

hey guys im trying to get a new board asap and im stuck between 2 burtons.... the hero and the custom... im 6 foot tall 185 pounds and looking to ride the board all over... in the park if i feel like it and carve down the slopes alot too.. which one should i lean towards?? reasons to if you dont mind.. thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 07:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

well you have to get burton bindings if you get a burton board. id say stay away from burton boards. many other better brands. check out NS or rome
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
matt_0144

why would you stay away from burton? and yes i know id have to use the burton est binding
Old 11-16-2009, 07:11 PM   #4 (permalink)

just personal preference. dont like there boards, but maybe try the custom or custom x even?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:18 PM   #5 (permalink)
matt_0144

the guy at the store said the custom x is more of a slope board then a all around board
Old 11-16-2009, 07:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

id say the custom then. you a fan of rocker?
Old 11-16-2009, 07:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
matt_0144

from what ive heard the v rocker is good.... honestly i bought my fourm snowboard 9 years ago and have ridden it since... now i want something new... back when i bought that it was just hey i like that board and you buy it... now its this and that about the boards thats why im lookin for some advice
Old 11-16-2009, 07:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
shifty_shifty

custom doesn't come standard with rocker, frankly if i were you i'd only consider the custom if you could get the flying v
but honestly, don't buy burton. i'm not saying that because i'm a hater who goes around saying "OMG BURTON SUCKS THEY MAKE SUCH HAXOR BOARDS!!1!!" its just that burton boards seriously limit what you ride if you choose to ride with their ICS system (which you are, since both boards you have listed have them)
and also, there are much better binding companies out there like rome and union (this coming from a guy rocking last years burton missions :P)
Old 11-16-2009, 07:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My first board was a Burton and it was a piece... I've since then educated myself and now know that there's better boards out there for the same or less money.

Check into Never Summer, Bataleon, or Capita.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 07:31 PM   #10 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shifty_shifty View Post
custom doesn't come standard with rocker, frankly if i were you i'd only consider the custom if you could get the flying v
but honestly, don't buy burton. i'm not saying that because i'm a hater who goes around saying "OMG BURTON SUCKS THEY MAKE SUCH HAXOR BOARDS!!1!!" its just that burton boards seriously limit what you ride if you choose to ride with their ICS system (which you are, since both boards you have listed have them)
and also, there are much better binding companies out there like rome and union (this coming from a guy rocking last years burton missions :P)
its all preference. if you ride a burton board, you gotta have burton bindings..which to me is fucking retarded. but he should really check out some other companys...