Burton Bullet or Blunt or ???? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
LIDO

Default Burton Bullet or Blunt or ????

Hello,

I am making my first snowboard purchase this week and need some guidance. I am a beginner and will be learning the basics. I am 5'10", 155 lbs. and after trying some Salomon boots it appears I am a size 13 (normally size 11.5 shoe but the size 12 boot seemed too tight).

I was told to purchase either a Burton Bullet or Blunt. Is this accurate? I would like to stay in the 200-300ish price range. What do you guys suggest between those two boards? What other boards / board by other brands?

Also, considering my height/weight should I be looking at a board that is about 156-158 in length? What about width?

Okay.....thanks so much....I wanna make sure I get the right board and finding good help is difficult.

Drew
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 10:09 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIDO View Post
Hello,

I am making my first snowboard purchase this week and need some guidance. I am a beginner and will be learning the basics. I am 5'10", 155 lbs. and after trying some Salomon boots it appears I am a size 13 (normally size 11.5 shoe but the size 12 boot seemed too tight).

I was told to purchase either a Burton Bullet or Blunt. Is this accurate? I would like to stay in the 200-300ish price range. What do you guys suggest between those two boards? What other boards / board by other brands?

Also, considering my height/weight should I be looking at a board that is about 156-158 in length? What about width?

Okay.....thanks so much....I wanna make sure I get the right board and finding good help is difficult.

Drew
who told you to buy a burton? you could look around at other boards, then you dont have to get burton bindings if you dont want.
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My first board was a burton bullet and it was junk....

I don't know what type of riding you plan to do but the Capita and Ride line have some boards in the lower end of the price scale. Both Ride and Capita make quality decks.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
LIDO

So what specifically do you guys suggest? I have large feet so I need something that won't cause toe drag....from what I am told. Also, is that length sound correct?
Old 11-16-2009, 10:16 PM   #5 (permalink)

how much money are you looking to spend? maybe check out rome or capita. maybe even NS
Old 11-16-2009, 10:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
LIDO

200-300ish...which boards from rome or capita are good for large boots and designed for beginners? I was told the Bullet and Blunt based on my boot size and abilities.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I'd say your not far off on the length and you def need a wide.

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that Never Summer doesn't have anything in your price range...

If we knew what type of riding you want to do then we could better help you with picking a board.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:22 PM   #8 (permalink)

just learning the basics he would want maybe a bit shorter board, that pretty forgiving.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
bkrael46

capita +10
Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #10 (permalink)
LIDO

Just riding down the slopes in the northeast.....no crazy tricks or insane speed. Sorry I am a total newbie.