Park bindings setup???? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-16-2009, 10:17 PM   #1 (permalink)
bkrael46

Question Park bindings setup????

I recently bought a horrorscope and some 390s. This is my first real setup. Last year i rode rentals all year but i got really comfortable on a board. This year i really want to shred the park. I have never put bindings on before so i wanna make sure im getting everything right before put them on. I get the jist of putting bindings on but i dont know what to set all the specifics at like angles highbacks straps toe ramp etc.. Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 10:24 PM   #2 (permalink)

i put mine at 15 front -15 back. its good for switch. and center your stance. and just try it and see how wide you can make it so it feels good.
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:25 PM   #3 (permalink)

park oriented setup is usually duck stance...+15/-15 is pretty standard
just make sure u center ur bindings as well as ur ankle/toe straps. The toe ramp and highback rotations are more of personal preference. You can rotate ur high back to align it parallel to ur edges for better control over ur heelside.
________
SaLoMmE

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 08:56 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2009, 10:26 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenged1985 View Post
i put mine at 15 front -15 back. its good for switch. and center your stance. and just try it and see how wide you can make it so it feels good.
Agreed, I started out with 15/-15 when I started riding mostly park and I've tried playing around with it, always coming back to 15/-15. Thats just where I ended up, but thats a great place for you to start.
Old 11-16-2009, 10:47 PM   #5 (permalink)
JrOd

I think +15/-15 is perfect for my park setup. Try it out.
Old 11-17-2009, 02:31 AM   #6 (permalink)
Speeddemon09

I have mine set up about 15 front 7 back. So its Duck. Mines not as extreme as the others because I dont ride switch all that much. Just try differnt angles and see what your comfortable with. Take a small screwdriver with you so you can switch in between runs.
Old 11-17-2009, 08:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Everything about snowboard stance

All about setting stances. The interesting thing there is the chart that shows no pro boarder rides with equal front and back angles. It makes sense because unless you are really unique you will never ride with the same technique in both directions. If you watch vert skatepoarders they still have the same foot on the tail when they land switch and hardly ever switch position before the next wall. Unless their name is Bob and they're Brazilian.
john doe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 09:43 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Set up the bindings first if you haven't done that. To do this, get you boot and put it into the binding. Adjust the heel cup and toe ramp as necessary to get the boot to fit as centred as possible. Next, adjust the toe cap and the ankle strap so they are centred to the boot when ratcheted in. Adjust the highback lean so the back just touches the boot. Take the boot out and mount to your board based on the angles you like. Angles are all based on preference, so start with say +15/-15 and then adjust after riding until you find something which feels comfortable to you. You can adjust the highback lean and rotation after riding to what feels good for you. Don't forget to centre the bindings to the board.

Last edited by DC5R; 11-17-2009 at 09:47 AM.
DC5R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 10:40 AM   #9 (permalink)

Just play around with it and see what stance feels most comfortable.
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2009, 11:12 AM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by john doe View Post
I disagree with that site. For one, the latest data they've got is almost 8 years old. And it says that duck is bad for your knees which IMO is 100% incorrect. Also, they listed quite a number of pros that use the duck stance for park.

Reason I think duck is the proper way to ride = if you know anything about powerlifters and squatting, powerlifters ALL use a duck stance because it gives them the most power and stability. The extra power comes from being able to recruit more of your hamstrings and glutes while in the duck stance.

Also, go jump in the air and look at how your feet are when you land. I will bet that they are ducked out. IMO, the angles your feet are when you land are the exact angles you should ride with because it will feel natural for your body.

It doesn't need to be +15/-15, but if you are jumping or riding park, you should have some sort of duck stance to help with stability and to give you the most power while jumping.
Gnarly is offline   Reply With Quote