Need advice for new park board - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2009, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
four5

Default Need advice for new park board

Hey everyone, first time posting here but I've been lurking since about beginning of last season, and thanks to everyone who talked highly of the 32 lashed boots. Picked up a pair early last winter and they are hands down the most comfortable boots I've ridden in. So this season I'm looking to get a new board specifically to keep in the park. For that past two or three seasons I've been eying the K2 WWW but had a few questions about size and length. I currently ride a very old M3 157, still has nice pop, but pretty stiff, which is why I don't ride the rails like a hobo as much as I'd want to. From what I understand about the K2 I could drop down to a 152? I'm somewhere in-between 6'0 - 6'1 and weigh 190, w/ 11.5 boot. Last question has to do with issue of width, here is my reasoning behind not wanting a wide version of this board, I'm pretty intermediate when it comes to skateboarding, no problems lipsliding or smithing 7 - 10 stair handrails, I prefer a 7.5 deck which some would consider narrow for my size feet, I like it because feel way more easier shift around. I feel like getting a wide version of the WWW would be equivalent to when I first started skating with 8 - 8 1/4 decks, really bulky and cumbersome to handle when doing funboxes or rails. Sorry for such a lengthy post, just wanted to know if getting a 152 K2 WWW not wide version would be the right move, Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-17-2009, 06:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
JrOd

I dont see why not. Just look up the size differences on everything and compare it to your old board. Thats what i just did on my new board.
Old 11-17-2009, 06:34 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Def figure out the waist width of the board that's been working from you and go from there.

The WWW is a bit wider then most boards are without being a "wide" so I would bet your going to be just fine...

Did you also consider a Capita Horrorscope or Ride Crush?
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote