Help me find a new snowboard? :nerd: - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 12:31 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Help me find a new snowboard? :nerd:

Right now i'm looking for a new snowboard and I was hoping you could help me find one? I'm 187.5cm tall, I weigh about 110kg and my foot size is 44. At the moment I'm looking for a snowboard that is good for mostly offpist but I'll hit the slope from time to time as well, however I will not be doing tricks in any fun park with it as I've got a board for that already. I've checked around some on sites like blue-tomato but I'm having a hard time deciding and I'm open for suggestions!

Boards I've found so far are:

Lib Tech Skunk Ape Hp 169W 2016

Völkl Selecta 175W 2016

Rossignol XV Magtek 174W 2016

Burton Custom Flying V 169W 2016

I'm not certain that I need a wide board? But theoretically a wide board should have a easier time supporting my weight? I'm also open for suggestions about bindings and/or boots!

Any answer is welcomed! Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 02:28 PM
Veteran Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 421 Post(s)
I think out of your list the skunk ape would be the one I'd suggest. Forget the XV for what you described.

Quote:
Snowboarding, the pure awesomeness of it trumps all possible injuries.

TT
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-20-2016, 09:54 AM Thread Starter

Oh thanks, I'll look more into it I guess. But any suggestions or recommendation apart from this list is welcome as well!
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-23-2016, 06:25 AM Thread Starter

Bring
Up
My Post!
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-24-2016, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Would the Nitro The Quiver Cannon 183 be a good choice?

Looking for an offpist snowboard!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 01:51 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Mentioned: 23 Post(s)
Quoted: 521 Post(s)
What's your experience level? Those boards might ride you. Size 44 Euro is a size 10 US if I recall, definitely no need for a wide board when you're going that long, they'll all have more than enough width. I was only a little lighter than you when I started, have dropped more weight now. But something 165-170 should be more than enough board for you unless you're only going to be riding big open faces and deeeeeeeep pow on it. Going too long and wide you're going to lose responsiveness, so what do you really want from the board?
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 01-25-2016, 02:32 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phedder View Post
What's your experience level? Those boards might ride you. Size 44 Euro is a size 10 US if I recall, definitely no need for a wide board when you're going that long, they'll all have more than enough width. I was only a little lighter than you when I started, have dropped more weight now. But something 165-170 should be more than enough board for you unless you're only going to be riding big open faces and deeeeeeeep pow on it. Going too long and wide you're going to lose responsiveness, so what do you really want from the board?

I've been snowboarding since I was 13, I used to ski before that. I've went about once or twice every year ever since and now I'll be 22 this year. I'm not really good at rating myself but I doubt I would still be a beginner. Maybe advanced? I wouldn't consider myself expert until I'd be able to choose my own gear without asking you guys

Hm, so I guess you wouldn't go for the Nitro the cannon quiver 183? It's not wide, but it is definetly long.. hah.

Maybe the Nitro Pantera or Nitro Pantera SC if not the cannon quiver? 166-174 somewhere?

Well I'd like it to be for both pow and to hit the slopes I guess. I'd rather go into the powder myself but it really depends on the company you are with, if it's for example my family they'll probably hang around more in the slopes, as they do.

Looking for an offpist snowboard!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode