Bindings help - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 05:55 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Default Bindings help

So I'm new here, and new to snowboarding. I've decided on a board

(2010 Flow Venus 151cm) and I've decided on boots

(Flow Lotus coiler)
but I can't pick between 2 bindings, so I decided to get some input from other people who actually know what they are doing.
Either:

(Flow Muse bindings in black)
or

(Flow Women's Flight 2 bindings in white)

I know that everything doesn't have to be flow brand, but I'm OCD about things matching and this is the only women's board that I liked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2009, 06:42 PM   #2 (permalink)

neither. none.

Your going to see this as a crappy response, and a lot of equipment issues are person to person. But my own personal opinion....sell everything and start over. If it rides how you like, then fine, but as far as bindings go, check out Rome (390s), K2(Auto), and Union (All of them). You will be pleased.
Volcom Outerwear
Giro Goggles
ATOTony76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
oxi

seems like you're buying based on how the board looks? not a good idea.

don't know how good this advice will be with your ocd. but the best place to start is from the boots, you will really want boots that fit your feet well. lol if it bothers you that much, you can always try to find a board that you like made by the same company that made your boots.

in the end, you really want a setup that works for you on the slopes, not in the photos. with regards to board and bindings, you want one that fits your style. not really sure what a good board for a beginner girl is, i do assume ur a girl? but i'm sure somebody else will be able to help u

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
neither. none.

Your going to see this as a crappy response, and a lot of equipment issues are person to person. But my own personal opinion....sell everything and start over. If it rides how you like, then fine, but as far as bindings go, check out Rome (390s), K2(Auto), and Union (All of them). You will be pleased.
all those bindings are for guys. not sure how much of a difference there actually is between guys n girls in terms of bindings.. but there must be something for them to make girl specific bindings

Last edited by oxi; 11-18-2009 at 06:56 PM.
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxi View Post

don't know how good this advice will be with your ocd. but the best place to start is from the boots, you will really want boots that fit your feet well. lol if it bothers you that much, you can always try to find a board that you like made by the same company that made your boots.

in the end, you really want a setup that works for you on the slopes, not in the photos.
I've gone to a bunch of places and none of the boots really jump out at me, and I not only want to be comfortable but also look good as well. For some reason all the places in and around Beaverton, OR only have like 3 womens boots to pick from.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:

in the end, you really want a setup that works for you on the slopes, not in the photos. with regards to board and bindings, you want one that fits your style. not really sure what a good board for a beginner girl is, i do assume ur a girl? but i'm sure somebody else will be able to help u

all those bindings are for guys. not sure how much of a difference there actually is between guys n girls in terms of bindings.. but there must be something for them to make girl specific bindings
The high back on womens bindings are shorter because the boot cuff is shorter (womens calfs sit lower on their legs than men) and women's bindings are narrower because the boot is. If you were to put a womens boot in mens bindings it would rattle around a lot and not be as secure, there for not responde well.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:02 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by ATOTony76 View Post
neither. none.

I haven't bought anything yet, but I sent a list to my dad for x-mas, but I can always send him a new email and let him know I changed my mind.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:06 PM   #7 (permalink)

do you want all your stuff to be white? because i can think of some good womens bindings and boards, if you're open to other colors
jtchompy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:10 PM   #8 (permalink)
oxi

lol beaverton's a real place? you get mentioned in south park =P

anyway back to the real topic, this will most likely be considered really bad advice on these forums. but do any of the shops carry flow boots? if they do try on a pair, walk around in them and move around a lot. the shop assisstant should be able to tell you what you wanna try doing in boots. if there are no major pressure points.. you might be able to get away with it. your feet may hurt the first few times you ride in them but they should break in eventually.

if they don't stock flow boots, at least get them to measure feet and maybe post the dimensions on here, somebody might be able to shed some light on the right size. boot sizes are not always the same as shoe sizes.

sucks that selection for womens gear seem to be pretty limited in a lot of shops. again.. this is pretty bad advice in terms of what you really want from snowboard gear, but sometimes you just gota look good! =P
oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:13 PM   #9 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtchompy View Post
do you want all your stuff to be white? because i can think of some good womens bindings and boards, if you're open to other colors
Yeah, for sure. It doesn't have to be white... I just don't want stuff that's really girly and frilly... I'm not into that.
Old 11-18-2009, 07:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
lol beaverton's a real place? you get mentioned in south park =P

anyway back to the real topic, this will most likely be considered really bad advice on these forums. but do any of the shops carry flow boots? if they do try on a pair, walk around in them and move around a lot. the shop assisstant should be able to tell you what you wanna try doing in boots. if there are no major pressure points.. you might be able to get away with it. your feet may hurt the first few times you ride in them but they should break in eventually.

if they don't stock flow boots, at least get them to measure feet and maybe post the dimensions on here, somebody might be able to shed some light on the right size. boot sizes are not always the same as shoe sizes.

sucks that selection for womens gear seem to be pretty limited in a lot of shops. again.. this is pretty bad advice in terms of what you really want from snowboard gear, but sometimes you just gota look good! =P
Lol Beaverton is a real place, a suburb of Portland. I think next week I'll go check out a shop in Portland and see what they have. The places I've gone are Dick's Sporting Goods, REI, Zumies, and Sports Authority... no really good choices.