ever had your board stolen? - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 12:06 PM   #1 (permalink)
ryderx

Default ever had your board stolen?

well ive never been scared of theft of my board, main reason was because it was a average set up nothing fancy. but this year im going to have a lot more invested in my set up. i pro foumed a burton custom X, and ride cad bindings. around 900 msrp. i feel like taken a real chain to resorts when i go now! im just going to be so Paranoid when i got to go pee or anything.

so just wanted to see if anytone has had there board stolen from them?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-25-2007, 12:49 PM   #2 (permalink)
ryderx

you can buy thoes nice little locks with the cable but im sure if someone is looking to stean they would have a handy cutter to take care of thoes, dont think monarch has a board checkin place... they might just never seen it or checked in to it. looks like im taken my board everwhere i go now!
Old 11-25-2007, 01:28 PM   #3 (permalink)

My friends brother got his board stolen when he went to use the bathroom. I personally dont like leaving my board even though its not the most expensive thing but still costs my hard earned money. My friend usually is not worried about it, i like it when someone watches it. I just don't trust people.
pawel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 02:16 PM   #4 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I haven't had a board stolen but my buddy Adam almost did and we caught em in the act. We were both walking to the cafeteria but I was straggling about 30 feet behind and he set his board down and went in. I stopped about 20 feet from where he set the board down because I was yakking on my cell phone. I saw two kids kind of walking together and one stopped and the other went in right behind my friend. I didn't think anything of it until 30 seconds later when one of the little fuckers was walking down the stairs with my buddies board under his arm. Needless to say, he didn't get away with the board and he lost his pass which was to another resort. I have tinted windows on most of the vehicles I own and I keep my board under a blanket in my truck when it's in there and I'm not. Just keep it locked up and watch where you leave it when pissing etc.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 07:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
stunterguy

If I ever leave my deck alone its at the top of the mtns, i donno but i feel like its less likely to get jacked at the top for some reason
Old 11-25-2007, 07:26 PM   #6 (permalink)
ryderx

i would not trust leaving it at the top! some guy with a shitty board that does not care about it sees yours, rides it down! your chances of seeing who took it or catching him are so slim
Old 11-25-2007, 08:11 PM   #7 (permalink)
bearbandit

I had one stolen about twelve years ago. Went in for a cup of coffee came out like two minutes later and it was gone .
Since then I've never left my set-up unattended or unlocked.
Do your business in the woods, if your not a chick, or have a friend watch it if you need to go inside and don't have a lock.
Even locked I still take short lunches and even put it in a spot I can see from inside.
Old 11-25-2007, 08:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I honestly never leave my board anywhere out of my sight EVER. Even if I go in to eat, I leave it by the window and sit nearby so I can keep an eye on it. If I have to leave it, I always have someone I know keep an eye on it. The places I go to always have boards stolen. Even junky rentals get taken so I don't trust anyone there.
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2007, 08:32 PM   #9 (permalink)
st.stark

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snowolf
Personaly no, but it happens all the time where I work and at any resort really. I do not leave my board unattended at all. I use the ski check or have a friend watch it while I take care of business. Don`t chance it, all it takes is a second for someone to jack it. Lock it up with a quality lock (even then don`t leave it for long) or use the ski check and when you ride with friends, always leave a guard while you go in. Sad that it`s this way, but it`s life nowadays.
Agreed, also just know that just cause you have a lock does NOT mean you should be less carefull!!!
Old 11-25-2007, 09:29 PM   #10 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

I've looked at a couple snowboard locks and I'd personally use a real chain because the ones I looked at could be cut with a pair of tin snips or bolt cutters in a matter of seconds.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote