Lib Tech Dark Series C2 BTX - what bindings and boots - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 06:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
lukasls

Default Lib Tech Dark Series C2 BTX - what bindings and boots

Hi there,
I am 192 lbs and 6'1'', boot size 10,5. I am about to buy new equip this year. I chose Lib Tech Lib Tech Dark Series C2 BTX 164.

2 questions I have for You Guys:

1) Is that true that you need to go down with the lenght of the board when considering this model comparing to other boards (I heard that magne traction makes this board in 161 lenght version act like a 164/165 other boards), does it make any sense?
2) What bindings, boot you suggest to get for this board?

thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 08:38 AM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

the banana makes the board feel looser, which makes it act like a shorter board when it is not on an edge, The c2 increases pressure at the contact points (compaired to reg, banana). So its designed to hold and edge like 164 plus the added edge hold of the mag. As for binders and boots it really a preference. The dark is on the stiffer side, i find that a stiffer boot binder combo allows you to make the a stiffer board work for you a little more. Any good binding rated all mountain should work. IE rome targa, ride spi union data or force. (just don't put burton binders on a lib, it make the snowboard gods cry)
Old 11-19-2009, 08:42 AM   #3 (permalink)

If you haven't bought that board yet and like the technology check out the original rocker/camber by Never Summer. You should get some decent bindings and really nice boots that fit your feet!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
lukasls

Will try to go with 164, lets see what happens. Thats funny what u wrote Walove as I just found nice customs and flows matching the colour of the board. Looking for the nice Spi then...anyone knows where I can find full black ones or maybe matching lib board clours (blue/yellow)

Last edited by lukasls; 11-19-2009 at 11:21 AM.
Old 11-19-2009, 11:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What they mean with the smaller board size thing is the banana will float easier in pow, so a 58 banana will float like a 61 with camber in theory. Just ride the same length as you normally do and enjoy the added float.

But yeah I agree with getting stiff boots. I would also go for a freride binding.

I also have a 61 Dark Series MTX and just love the board, libs are the best.
freshy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Augie09

that board is definitely stiffer than you'd expect.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:14 PM   #7 (permalink)
frosty1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLuiD View Post
If you haven't bought that board yet and like the technology check out the original rocker/camber by Never Summer. You should get some decent bindings and really nice boots that fit your feet!
i noticed every lib tech topic on this site is followed by a never summer note. So stupid. Just ride what you like a answer the question in the thread. Its obvious the never summer guys a full of envy from the award rack of lib. Copied ideas maybe, but perfected is the key. everyone copied ford but its far from the best auto maker. look never summer are great but like a caddilac, shiny and fast but heavy. Lib is like a wrx not all looks and polished but still rip. Both are top notch. Stop all the anger.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

i've rode neversummer an libs and they are both great companies make boards the right way, start to finish in house in the USA! The main difference in construction is the fiber glass used, neversummer uses multiple thin layers of prepreg (the glass is manufactured with resin in it once heated in the press it cures), lib uses one high quality layer of triax, quadax or the golden fleece basalt glass, and then coat it with resin by hand before pressing. The multiple layers of glass in the NS makes their boards very durable, (3 year warranty) but also more damp and heavier then average. While the single layered glass in the lib make a board that is a little lighter and more responsive. These characteristics vary through out each co. board line. I personally prefer a responsive board to a damp one.

when it comes to c2 vs rc vs banana, if you look at the regular banana design lib transitions the rocker to flat at the binding. RC takes that same transition and continues it past flat to create the camber in the tip and tail. So overall neversummers design's is only a couple degrees different in the transition from the original banana design with was a year ahead. No bashing in any way just stating my personal observations.
Old 11-19-2009, 06:39 PM   #9 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by frosty1976 View Post
i noticed every lib tech topic on this site is followed by a never summer note. So stupid. Just ride what you like a answer the question in the thread. Its obvious the never summer guys a full of envy from the award rack of lib. Copied ideas maybe, but perfected is the key. everyone copied ford but its far from the best auto maker. look never summer are great but like a caddilac, shiny and fast but heavy. Lib is like a wrx not all looks and polished but still rip. Both are top notch. Stop all the anger.
Yeah that's it. Sooo full of envy! You have 2 posts, bite me!!....and your analogy is stupid!!!

Old 11-19-2009, 07:06 PM   #10 (permalink)

I originally was looking at the Dark Series this year. I did alot of research and contacted Lib directly. From everything i gathered is the dark series is much stiffer than there 7.5 rating compared to the 7 for the t-rice.

I ended going with the T-rice which is what Lib recommended to me after i explained my skill and interest. The dark series is just insanely stiff for doing insane jumps

to each his own tho
Soawsome is offline   Reply With Quote