I used the search already - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2009, 07:29 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default I used the search already

After weeks of doing research, i've decided that i'm going to buy the 2009 Ride Control board. Everybody says that it's a good beginner-intermediate board that i won't outgrow too fast. Now the only problem is that the weight range that the specs show are too close to each other.

Rider Weight 75-125lbs (146), 100-150lbs (151), 115-165lbs (155), 130-180lbs (158), 140-190lbs (162)

Right now i weight like 178, but i just returned to the gym and i am planning on trimming down to 170-172. That qualifies me for the 158cm and the 162cm. I only ride the mountain right now, but plan to try the park once i get better. is the 162cm going to be too big for the park? Is the 158cm going to be too short and unstable for the slopes?

Also, any recommendations on wich bindings to pair with this board and Salomon Symbio boots. Everybody says that they have a lot of flex and that i need good bindings. Can i find something below $150 that would be good?

Thank You
BORICUAenDC is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-19-2009, 08:36 AM   #2 (permalink)

Oye Bori, I would say go with the 158, but if your planning on seriously going down in weight then the 155 but the 162 wouldnt be the best to learn on and harder to spin when you start hitting the park. Im 190lbs and my biggest board for powder is a 160 my everything board is a 156. the 155 would be alot more agile and easier to control, but would handle your weight better if you DID drop to 170. as for bindings if you want to stick with ride then I would say the Ride SPI binding. they are very versital not to stiff not to flexy and you can prob find a good deal on them for less then $150.

chévere
NYinfamous2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 08:40 AM   #3 (permalink)

Don't be to worried about the weight range really. I am your same weight range (170-185 or so depending on the day) and ride from 152-160. A good length for me thats still jibby fun but still enough under you to go anywhere is in the 154-156 range. For mountain I prefer the 158ish range. I would personally go with the 155 or the 158 and wouldn't even consider the 161.
Old 11-19-2009, 01:59 PM   #4 (permalink)

Default thanks guys

I bought the 158. Can't wait 'til it gets here. I'm in the search for bindings now. All at the expense of the company that i'm working for.

Gracias!
BORICUAenDC is offline   Reply With Quote