Bataleon TBT vs NS R.C. Comparison/Impressions - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-19-2009, 11:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Bataleon TBT vs NS R.C. Comparison/Impressions

So I pretty much rode a Bataleon The Jam all season last year, good board, decided to try something different this season and something that could handle All-Mountain/Powder better and decided to go with the Never Summer SL-R.

As far as my riding style, I like riding powder and steeps, dont do too many jumps/park features but Ill hit the occasional natural feature...

The TBT feature is nice, edge to edge is a lot faster than a standard cambered board, the board is definitely fast going flat based. The board felt like a regular cambered board on powder though, you're still fighting the camber to stay a flot and have to lean back quite a bit. TBT is definitely not "edge catch" free, its definitely more forgiving but you can still catch your edges.

Rode my SL-R on 2 powder days here in the PNW, did plenty of groomers and powder runs. I have to say I really love this board, its just really easy and playful to right you can throw the board around and do whatever you want with it. Powder runs were definitely easier, still have a bit of back leg burn but I think thats just due to being early season only having gone 2 times. Edge hold is amazing, I found times where I thought I would wash out but the SL-R just kept you locked into the turn. Going over choppy/bumpy terrain was a total breeze it went over anything/everything I threw at it and the dampening on the board is great. In my 2 days with the board I have only caught one edge due to it being myself, other than that this board is very forgiving, there were a lot of times I thought I was going to eat it but the board just rode it out.

Overall I definitely like the SLR more for my type of riding, its just an more fun board overall and very easy to get used to and have fun in the deep powder
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 04:57 PM
Veteran Member

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Thanks for the review. For powder, you'd want a different Bataleon anyways. Something like an Omni or Undisputed.

16 Gnu Swallow Tail Carver . 16 NS West . 15 NS Snowtrooper BIA
16 Burton Genesis X . 15 Now Drive
16 Flow Talon . 14 Flow Hylite
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Veteran Member

Thanks for this. I'm about to demo a TBT board soon. Hopefully a reverse camber one as well.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 06:20 PM

hey penguin, i was wondering where u are gona demo the bataleon cause i wana demo one too and a shop near bear or summit would be awesome.

nice review, but how is the edge catchyness on both boards compare?

Too Fast!
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 02:07 AM
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Quote:
Originally Posted by twin89 View Post
hey penguin, i was wondering where u are gona demo the bataleon cause i wana demo one too and a shop near bear or summit would be awesome.

nice review, but how is the edge catchyness on both boards compare?
TBT has the contact points lifted up, RC has the contact points pressed down

THERE ARE SPECIFIC REASONS AS TO WHY I AM MORE LOCAL THAN YOU

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode