Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums

Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/forum.php)
-   Boards (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/)
-   -   Board Locks (http://www.snowboardingforum.com/boards/1994-board-locks.html)

Luigi6459 11-25-2007 07:31 PM

Board Locks

Reading the thread about boards getting stolen has gotten me paranoid. Well anyways, this is my first set-up I've owned and it cost serious money so I don't want it stolen. Any recommendations for good board locks :dunno:

st.stark 11-25-2007 07:33 PM

any good theif would be able to cut any lock I know of with a pie cutter...but I'll check out some stuff and get back to you. :)

Grimdog 11-25-2007 08:01 PM

I always have a retractable cable lock with me. It wouldn't be hard to cut but it will keep the honest thief away.

Slaughterhouse 11-25-2007 08:48 PM

A Python lock from RC. And if you have an exposed insert available, combine the Python lock with a lock station. That board will stay put. RC Power Sport

alaric 11-25-2007 09:00 PM

Slaughter, how's carrying that thing around? It looks like a beast.

Slaughterhouse 11-25-2007 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by alaric
Slaughter, how's carrying that thing around? It looks like a beast.

It does look big, but it coils up very easily and it really light. I just toss it into my coat pocket or if I'm just rocking a T or a hoody, the in my pant pocket. It isn't bulky so it doesn't bulge and I can lock 3 boards with it. This is in comparison to both the Bakoda and Burton retracting locks which are OK in a pinch but I would not put a lot of faith into them. The cool thing about the Python lock is the braided steel cable which is actually a real cunt to try and cut with bolt cutters compared to a chain.

Grimdog 11-25-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughterhouse
A Python lock from RC. And if you have an exposed insert available, combine the Python lock with a lock station. That board will stay put. RC Power Sport

I like the looks of that setup. Might have to put that on my Christmas list.

alaric 11-25-2007 09:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Slaughterhouse
It does look big, but it coils up very easily and it really light. I just toss it into my coat pocket or if I'm just rocking a T or a hoody, the in my pant pocket. It isn't bulky so it doesn't bulge and I can lock 3 boards with it. This is in comparison to both the Bakoda and Burton retracting locks which are OK in a pinch but I would not put a lot of faith into them. The cool thing about the Python lock is the braided steel cable which is actually a real cunt to try and cut with bolt cutters compared to a chain.

Okay cool. How much does it, along with the lock station, go for? I may buy one

Luigi6459 11-25-2007 11:03 PM

I'll definitely pick one up as it seems like a good investment. What places sell this though?

Grimdog 11-25-2007 11:11 PM

If you live in Canada, they sell them at Sportchek. The Python lock is $15.99 and the Lock Station is $5.99