Snowboard sizing HELP! - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
andyp

Default Snowboard sizing HELP!

I'm completely confused as to what length board I should get. I've been to 2 different snowboard shops which both told me completely different things; The first one I went to told me it's based on height & should come up to between your chin & nose. He stood one up beside me & told me I'm a 151-152.

I went to another place yesterday & asked, and they told me it's based mainly on weight. He told me I should go between 153-158.

I'm 5'5 & a little under 160lbs. I've been exercising & losing a lot of weight over the last few months though, so the weight could very well go down.

I haven't boarded in about 8 years, but when I did I was at I'd say an advanced level & I think I'll be able to pick it back up pretty quickly. I do mostly freeriding & don't spend a lot of time in the park, but I don't want to rule it out completely. I'm also a size 9 or 10 boot.

I'm looking at 3 boards, one's a 152, one's a 155 & one's a 158.

What would you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM   #2 (permalink)
pythagorous

probably the 155
Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 PM   #3 (permalink)

i'll stick with what i said yesterday - think the 155 is the best. either size could work but 158 might be a little long. the 152 might be a little sketchy especially if you're getting one of those real soft boards you picked out.
sumo28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
andyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo28 View Post
i'll stick with what i said yesterday - think the 155 is the best. either size could work but 158 might be a little long. the 152 might be a little sketchy especially if you're getting one of those real soft boards you picked out.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna rule out the 152. I just checked Burton's freeride sizing chart & according to that I should be getting a 155 or 158. My options are either the Love at 155 or the Hero Ltd at 158, and I'm leaning (very very slightly) towards the Hero Ltd since it seems more geared to freeriding than the Love.