User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:29 AM
andyp

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Snowboard sizing HELP!

I'm completely confused as to what length board I should get. I've been to 2 different snowboard shops which both told me completely different things; The first one I went to told me it's based on height & should come up to between your chin & nose. He stood one up beside me & told me I'm a 151-152.

I went to another place yesterday & asked, and they told me it's based mainly on weight. He told me I should go between 153-158.

I'm 5'5 & a little under 160lbs. I've been exercising & losing a lot of weight over the last few months though, so the weight could very well go down.

I haven't boarded in about 8 years, but when I did I was at I'd say an advanced level & I think I'll be able to pick it back up pretty quickly. I do mostly freeriding & don't spend a lot of time in the park, but I don't want to rule it out completely. I'm also a size 9 or 10 boot.

I'm looking at 3 boards, one's a 152, one's a 155 & one's a 158.

What would you recommend?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:37 AM
pythagorous

probably the 155
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i'll stick with what i said yesterday - think the 155 is the best. either size could work but 158 might be a little long. the 152 might be a little sketchy especially if you're getting one of those real soft boards you picked out.
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 12:29 PM
andyp

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumo28 View Post
i'll stick with what i said yesterday - think the 155 is the best. either size could work but 158 might be a little long. the 152 might be a little sketchy especially if you're getting one of those real soft boards you picked out.
Yeah, I think I'm gonna rule out the 152. I just checked Burton's freeride sizing chart & according to that I should be getting a 155 or 158. My options are either the Love at 155 or the Hero Ltd at 158, and I'm leaning (very very slightly) towards the Hero Ltd since it seems more geared to freeriding than the Love.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode