User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 04:53 PM
PBGOD

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
need help choosing

hi im new to snowboards and im i narrowed my choice for a board to two i just wanted some opinions on which would be better overall or for a beginer. i will be mostly freeriding and looking forward to start trying tricks by the end of the season.

option 1:Nitro Eero Am
Save on Nitro Eero Am Snowboard 149 - Mens Snowboard Snowboarding Gear Equipment

option 2:K2 Format
Save on K2 Format Snowboard 149 - Mens Snowboard Snowboarding Gear Equipment
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 09:54 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It would be helpful to know your stats(Height/weight) to make sure those are appropriate choices. That being said I would suggest the K2, it is more of an all around board. The Nitro is more of a park board bc of its flex/response meaning once you are able to get up to speed it wont be nearly as stable especially in bumpy conditions.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-20-2009, 11:17 PM
PBGOD

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
well im 5'6 and 130 pounds and i will mostly be doing freeriding on powder mountains, also will these bindings fit the k2 board-K2 Cinch CTL,size(large 8-11)
Best Prices on K2 Cinch CTL Snowboard Bindings Black - Mens Snowboards Binding Snowboarding Gear Equipment
post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2009, 02:01 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
The thing you have to worry about is boot overhang(when your toe is sticking off the edge of the board and catches the snow when you turn...this can cause you to bail and eat snow, not fun). The bindings will fit as most snowboards (except burton) have the same mounting patterns. It mostly comes down to personal preference on binding style. I would suggest something mid responsive for a new rider.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode