My personal issue with Burton - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2009, 04:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Default My personal issue with Burton

Burton Custom bindings with 36 days on them. Ratchets stripped and the straps shredded at the screws... Well before 36 days.

Burton Bullet with 36 days on it. Horrible delam on both ends and creased on the nose from an impact that shouldn't have creased it....

Burton Moto boots with 40 days on them. They got extremely soft around 20-25 days and today they blew apart... The part of the boot that creases when you're taking a step literally blew out.

All of these where things I bought when I first got into snowboarding and didn't know any better.... The best Burton item I have is a space sack.

There's no excuse for every single item I have from Burton to be destroyed at such a young life. I am very gentle with my things as some of you may have noticed from my posts about being pissed when people smack my board in lift lines.

So ya, those of you thinking Burton is cool, here's some reasons not to buy from them.

Sorry Burton but it is what it is I guess.
Milo303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2009, 04:54 PM   #2 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post
Burton Custom bindings with 36 days on them. Ratchets stripped and the straps shredded at the screws... Well before 36 days.
i have to agree with the custon bindings. rode mine less than 20 times and my ratchets are stripped, plates are both shattered(my fault, and everytime i moved in them they came undone. they are horrible
avenged1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Veteran Member

My wife's Burton boots, I want to say Emeralds, started falling apart after 1 year. My Vans DK IV's lasted 4 times that long before I started having issues.

She has a Burton board as well, but we haven't had any problems with it. So my opinion, based on the limited experience I have with them, is a little mixed.
Rome Anthem 158
Flick Montana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:05 PM   #4 (permalink)

yes its kinda mixed. the customs were shit, and i replaced them with burton cartels. the cartels seem to be holding up pretty good, but i will see how long they last.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:06 PM   #5 (permalink)

ditto on the customs. except my ratchets crapped out after only five days. boots lasted about 20 (burton tributes). got rid of both of them real quick and will never buy from them again.
AZred60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:28 PM   #6 (permalink)

5 days? what did you do with them after the rachets crapped out
Old 11-21-2009, 05:29 PM   #7 (permalink)
RallyBowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenged1985 View Post
yes its kinda mixed. the customs were shit, and i replaced them with burton cartels. the cartels seem to be holding up pretty good, but i will see how long they last.
had mine since 04. still look and function like brand new.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

I had Cartels when they first came out with the toecap. Had multiple issues with them, over the course of 3 yrs. I ride hard, but I take good care of my stuff. Had a few parts replaced at local shops, while actually having to send them in for warranty 2x. Lame.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2009, 05:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
RallyBowls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo303 View Post

Burton Bullet with 36 days on it. Horrible delam on both ends and creased on the nose from an impact that shouldn't have creased it....

Burton Moto boots with 40 days on them. They got extremely soft around 20-25 days and today they blew apart... The part of the boot that creases when you're taking a step literally blew out.

All of these where things I bought when I first got into snowboarding and didn't know any better.... The best Burton item I have is a space sack.

There's no excuse for every single item I have from Burton to be destroyed at such a young life. I am very gentle with my things as some of you may have noticed from my posts about being pissed when people smack my board in lift lines.

So ya, those of you thinking Burton is cool, here's some reasons not to buy from them.

Sorry Burton but it is what it is I guess.
yeah, there's an excuse.

you bought at the bottom of the totem pole son.

Motos? a Bullet? did you buy this from the rental guy? btw my friend who's like 6'4 250 lbs has used the same pair of burton customs for the last decade. perhaps longer. and he's better than decent. but maybe he just got "that pair" I dunno lol. but as for the Motos: I agree what a pile of crap: the only reason they ever held up is because they keep your feet cold and rigid enough so you don't need the lousy support they provide.
Old 11-21-2009, 05:45 PM   #10 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RallyBowls View Post
had mine since 04. still look and function like brand new.
Sounds like you need to ride harder, my friend.
AWNOW is offline   Reply With Quote