Vans Encore vs 32 Lashed - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-23-2009, 02:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
eMximeR

Default Vans Encore vs 32 Lashed

Both of these boots are right in my price range, I'm wondering if anyone has experience they'd like to share as to which way I should go. I've read good reviews for both boots and I know 32 is a more prestigious company, which should I get?

Vans Encore-
VANS ENCORE SNOWBOARD BOOTS IN BLACK AND BLACK for Sale at Milosport.com: SNOW Department: SNOWBOARD BOOTS Category

32 Lashed-
THIRTY TWO (32) LASHED SNOWBOARD BOOTS IN BLACK, WHITE, AND BLACK for Sale at Milosport.com: SNOW Department: SNOWBOARD BOOTS Category
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-23-2009, 02:34 PM   #2 (permalink)

32 lashed is a softer boot but really comfortable...on the other hand there has been report that 32 boots packed out pretty fast.
im happy with mine...but after a season i do notice they seem to be packed out a little as my feet has more wiggle room.

dont know about vans...never tried on any of their boots.
________
FIND HEADSHOP

Last edited by w3iiipu; 08-21-2011 at 10:01 AM.
w3iiipu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 02:41 PM   #3 (permalink)

Vans and 32 are two boots with very very different profiles. 32's are generally quite wide and tend to be on the softer side of things. Vans are a much narrower profile boot. Both will fit differently. Your best bet is to try and find a store that carry's both and figure it out for yourself.
boarderaholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2009, 05:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
eMximeR

I'll head over to Milosport sometime to try them on, I know they got both in stock. So I guess I should just choose based on the feel between the two, one isn't necessarily inherently better than the other.
Old 11-23-2009, 11:58 PM   #5 (permalink)

I would also try on the K2 Darko. I rode the 32 lashed, and they have a wide footprint and do tend to pack out rather quickly. I tried on the Vans encore and I did not like them at all. I dont know how to explain it, but the eyehole/piece/strap thing on the bend of the ankle hurts. When you tighten the BOA system that piece started to dig into my foot/ankle. Def try them all on. Tighten the BOA on the Vans all the way and walk around/do some bending.
conwayeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
burtonrider97

i love my 32 lashed boots.. they do pack out somewhat fast but u can go re mold them up to 10 times which can fix that problem.. i have also rode vans boots (dk5s+wiggs) they both didnt have the comfort and last as long as my 32s have
Old 11-24-2009, 02:26 AM   #7 (permalink)

I would go out and try on the boots yourself as well as other boots within that price range. i personally ride a k2 darko and they are soo comfy. best boots ive worn. but you relli shud go out and try them on urself instead of asking ppl which one to buy when the fitting of the boot is by ur feet not ours. the 32 pack out alot, a size sometimes. they are great at first then pack out alot and ur feet has a good amount of room to move. never had vans so no input there. i love my k2 darkos
gotamahuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 03:12 AM   #8 (permalink)
Veteran Member

Go try on a bunch of boots. Buy the one that fits best. Nothing more to it.
Triple8Sol is offline   Reply With Quote