Bevel degrees - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2009, 02:14 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default Bevel degrees

I just took my board to my local shop to get a fresh wax and get it beveled. I took it down there and explained to them that I am new to the park and want to try and get into rails and stuff this season. He said he is going to give me a 2 bevel.

I read the faq and saw that you can have a 2 bevel with a side bevel of 88 or 90. I'm not sure what he is giving me, all I remember him saying is that he would give me a 2 bevel. I was going to call back and ask what side degree it would be and ask for tor the 88 one.

That is the correct side degree I would want correct? Also with a 2 bevel and side bevel of 88 which is a 90 corner edge (this shit is over my head), what can I expect in just riding the mountain in terms of turning, carving, stopping? How much will those degrees affect those things?
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-24-2009, 02:43 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

if he knows what hes doing hopefully he should already be putting the 2 degree on both the base and side edge. if you bevel the base up 2 degree you also wanna match the bevel on the side edge keeping the total angle of the edge at 90 deg. otherwise the edge isnt quite as strong as it would be normally.

all this will effect riding wise is you might have to tilt your board ever so slightly more to get it to grip in the snow like it usually does but it wont be too noticeable.
Old 11-24-2009, 04:35 PM   #3 (permalink)

Kyle,
If you are looking for a park/rail tune I would suggest a 2 degree base bevel and a 0 degree side bevel giving you the 88 degree overall edge.
The whole idea is to make less of an angle/sharp edge so you don't get hung up on boxes or rails and that your board is less "grabby" on the snow.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

This is the response from the shop. Is this right/what I want?
Nmbr1Ballr is offline   Reply With Quote