just bought a Rome Machine - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2007, 10:11 PM   #1 (permalink)

Default just bought a Rome Machine

Hey firstly i would like to introduce myself my name is vlad and ive been snowboarding for about 5 years. I've only had two boards a rage lol and k2 spitfire which ive had for way to long. My rents finally let me get a new board and i decided to go with the machine but this is where the problem is. I ordered the 157 adn i weight 190 and am 6'2 . My k2 used to be 150 lol i know its small for my size but i grew alot , so do u guys think that 157 is to big seeing how im not really used to riding a big board. I like doing rails and spins but my feet would kill when landing any 360's of moderate jumps do you guys think this will be eliminated and also would spinning be alot harder because of the bigger board. Thanks alot for taking the time to read this peace out guys
k2spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2007, 10:19 PM   #2 (permalink)

id say 157 would be a great park board for you. Thats actually not long at all for you. Your probably on target for park.
About your feet killing you on jumps... how are you landing? What kind of bindings/shoes your wearing? Maybe not enough shock absorption or maybe technique could be off.
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 10:56 PM   #3 (permalink)
BoardTard Xtrordinair

Yeah I'm only 5'11" and you probably have 20 pounds or so on me and I ride a 158 normally, 161.5 for when I want to go a little faster, or a 164 for the deep stuff. You're going to be able to throw that little board around nicely.
Mr. Right is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 10:36 AM   #4 (permalink)
st.stark

Yeah don't worry about it. 157 would be a great fit for you...
Old 11-27-2007, 03:44 PM   #5 (permalink)

i'm actually currently ridding flow bindings worst move i EVER IN MY WHOLE LIFE EVER MADE. i'm probably gonna be getting new bindings too , and the only reason i got them was because when teaching class i have to keep getting out and in of my bindings to help out the students. But do you think that is why my feet were hurting ? because my boots are fine and it only hurts when i go off bigger jumps even pulling a normal grab its pretty wack. Thanks for the replies guys peace
k2spitfire is offline   Reply With Quote