Burton feelgood ics 2009 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2009, 03:14 PM   #1 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Default Burton feelgood ics 2009

hey everyone, happy thanksgiving =)

So I want to get the Burton feelgood ics 2009, but I wanted to know if you can get the 149 (usually green and white) or the 152 (usually red and white) in blue and white at all. I would prefer it in blue/white more that red or green.

Last edited by Lacey8790; 11-26-2009 at 03:16 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2009, 11:21 PM   #2 (permalink)
Veteran Member

What kind of board are you looking for? Are you only choosing based on price and looks? The Burton Feelgood is a VERY DIFFERENT board from any of the others you have been considering....

How much do you weigh?
lilfoot1598 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 02:10 PM   #3 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilfoot1598 View Post
What kind of board are you looking for? Are you only choosing based on price and looks? The Burton Feelgood is a VERY DIFFERENT board from any of the others you have been considering....

How much do you weigh?
I want a board that I can grow into. A lot of people said I would grow out of the feather quickly (including a guy at a local board shop that I went and talked to.) I don't want to have to buy a new board next season, I don't have the money for that. I also really like the ICS.

I weigh 160-165
Old 11-27-2009, 02:47 PM   #4 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

The Feelgood has gotten many great review by female boarders of all levels. It is a top notch board to say the least. You will pay a premium for the Burton name and their new ICS system. Keep in mind, if you want to fully make use of the ICS, you need to get Burton EST bindings. I do not know of any other company that offers conversion plates to make them compatible with Burton's ICS. Even then, putting normal bindings on the ICS board is a waste. There is nothing wrong with getting this board. Even though it is higher up on the board food chain, you'll grow into it in no time.

My girlfriend just ordered the 2010 Feelgood for her sister. If you have the dough for the board and EST bindings, then go for it. It's a solid investment. Otherwise, go with something more affordable. Plenty of great, more affordable boards out there.
Leo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 03:07 PM   #5 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
The Feelgood has gotten many great review by female boarders of all levels. It is a top notch board to say the least. You will pay a premium for the Burton name and their new ICS system. Keep in mind, if you want to fully make use of the ICS, you need to get Burton EST bindings. I do not know of any other company that offers conversion plates to make them compatible with Burton's ICS. Even then, putting normal bindings on the ICS board is a waste. There is nothing wrong with getting this board. Even though it is higher up on the board food chain, you'll grow into it in no time.

My girlfriend just ordered the 2010 Feelgood for her sister. If you have the dough for the board and EST bindings, then go for it. It's a solid investment. Otherwise, go with something more affordable. Plenty of great, more affordable boards out there.
On sierrasnowboard.com they have EST bindings in their clearance section (just last years model) The Burton Lexa EST's from last year are 115 usually 230. If Sierra had the board in the right size and I had bought the board, boots and bindings from last year I would have saved as much as I would have spent. Plus there's nothing wrong with last years stuff, and I can always buy new bindings and or boots once I get better and have the money.
Old 11-28-2009, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Lacey8790

***bump***
Old 11-28-2009, 04:25 PM   #7 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Totally forgot to answer your question. The colors are size specific so you can't get the color you want.
Old 11-28-2009, 05:01 PM   #8 (permalink)
Lacey8790

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo View Post
Totally forgot to answer your question. The colors are size specific so you can't get the color you want.
would the 154 be an ok size for me?
Height: 5'5"
Weight: 160ish
Old 11-28-2009, 05:05 PM   #9 (permalink)

Default .

I wouldn't get a 154 for your size. A 147-151 will be much easier to ride, especially Burton as they are generally stiffer boards. Unless of course you plan to hit 100 ft park jumps, then sure the 154 would be better as it would be more stable at those speeds.
jaaxnikols is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2009, 06:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Leo
-LIFETIME MEMBER-

Actually, a 156 is her size based on her weight. Weight makes the biggest impact. She can probably get away with 154 but she will have a tough time in powder.