why no step ins - Page 2 - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-28-2007, 12:16 AM   #11 (permalink)
rightguard

Zodi.... that's very nice of you, but I don't really want Burton step ins, thanks again though.

It's not that she can't do it, it's just that to make it as fun and easy for her that I can I usually do it.

Just thinking about my options.....

Thanks for all the input.
Aloha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-28-2007, 03:05 AM   #12 (permalink)
Freebird34

i used step ins a few times when i first started up. i wasnt good enough back then to tell the difference between the performance of the step ins and strap ins. but i do remember having a huge problem with ice getting caught up in the mechanism and i couldnt get clicked in at all. at the time i was only like 12-13 years old so it was a pain in the ass. i see no real advantage to step in bindings when i really think about it. i mean, why sacrifice performance and feel for maybe an extra 30 seconds of riding? it doesnt take that much time to sit down and strap up.
Old 11-28-2007, 08:36 AM   #13 (permalink)
Danimal!!!!!!

Location: Frederick, MD in other words to far from the big mountains

Who said anything about sitting down to strap in. you have one foot in when your on the lift once you get off just put your foot in the binding and strap it and go.
Dcp584 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 09:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Zodi

Quote:
Originally Posted by rightguard
Zodi.... that's very nice of you, but I don't really want Burton step ins, thanks again though.
I don't blame you, I don't want them either. I just can't bring myself to throw them away.

Try the Flows, that might work for her. I know many people that are very happy with them. At first it takes a little while to set them up but after that it should be like slipping your foot into a slipper, added bonus = no pressure points.
Old 11-28-2007, 11:34 AM   #15 (permalink)
xenster

i started and rode on burton si's for a while. can't say they were absolutely garbage considering the level of snowboard tech at the time. the main problem is that it relies so much on the boot retaining it's stiffness in order to retain proper feedback (aka going toe-edge was sluggish or performed out of sheer luck by the end of the day)... that and the boots were heavy as hell. i tried the k2 cinch and had a hell of a time getting in/out of them. now i'm on flows and love em. they really are "set it and forget it".
Old 11-28-2007, 12:21 PM   #16 (permalink)

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenster
i started and rode on burton si's for a while. can't say they were absolutely garbage considering the level of snowboard tech at the time. the main problem is that it relies so much on the boot retaining it's stiffness in order to retain proper feedback (aka going toe-edge was sluggish or performed out of sheer luck by the end of the day)... that and the boots were heavy as hell. i tried the k2 cinch and had a hell of a time getting in/out of them. now i'm on flows and love em. they really are "set it and forget it".
lol that reminds me... we got one of those Set it and Forget it machines. In the instruction manual on the 1st page says "Do NOT set it and forget it"
rrrtx is offline   Reply With Quote