Need help on beginner board. - Snowboarding Forum - Snowboard Enthusiast Forums
SnowboardingForum.com is the premier Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2009, 09:06 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default Need help on beginner board.

I am looking to get a nice beginner board. I found 2 boards that are in my price range (325 max). So let me know what you think about these boards and which one to go with. Thanks for your help.

2010 K2 Brigade 159 Wide
2009 Ride Antic 158 Wide
Thunder21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #2 (permalink)

we need more info then that to help you out. height, weight, stance, shoe size, conditions and terrain you ride and social and mothers madien name. jk on the last two. lol
drunkinmonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 09:34 AM   #3 (permalink)

Sorry for the lack of info. I am 6'2 weigh 225, size 14 shoe, regular stance. I live in the midwest so a little to much ice over here. Also I am just starting out so I probably won't be seeing much of the park. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Thunder21; 11-27-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 11-27-2009, 10:28 AM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder21 View Post
I also found 2 never summer boards (Legacy-R and Heritage-R) for not to much more. Would one of those be to advanced for a beginner?
You'd probably grow into it as you progress. It's not the board that makes you better but you that makes you better. As long as you practice basically you could ride any board.
iKimshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2009, 11:04 AM   #5 (permalink)
CUtuningguy

As a general rule a stiffer board will be slightly more difficult to learn on, but can handle more intense mountain riding in the long run. A softer board will be slightly more forgiving, but will be more tailored towards park/small mountain riding once you have a little experience under your belt. Its personal choice. IMO a board made for everything (flex of 5 / 10) will give you the ability to try lots of different things and help you decide how you want to ride. Good luck, ride hard!
Old 11-27-2009, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)

Thanks for your help guys. But still gotta know your opinions on the 09 Ride Antic and 2010 K2 Brigade. Thanks
Old 11-28-2009, 08:47 PM   #7 (permalink)
CUtuningguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunder21 View Post
Thanks for your help guys. But still gotta know your opinions on the 09 Ride Antic and 2010 K2 Brigade. Thanks
Your kinda comparing apples and oranges. the antic is a camber board, while the brigade has small amount of reverse camber. further, the brigade has a set back stance (1 in. i think...) and the antic is centered. Both are more all mountain try everything boards, intermediate level.

but in any case, you cant really ask people to compare two completely different boards and expect a useful response. if your just starting out you wouldn't notice a lack in quality of either board, and probably wont for quite a while. again, read some reviews on each board, and where it functions best on the mountain, and just ride. almost every board on the market these days can out ride the snowboarder on it...